WWE Battleground

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Starting thread so we can discuss the storylines that are heading into the Battleground ppv.

BLRNerd

Apr 25, 2014
...Behind You
Continuing from the last thread...

Appearantly you can get fired for accidentally stealing an iPhone case, but not for a DUI and bribing an officer.

I think Emma was fired because of the charge she received, her work permit became invalid. Therefore WWE had no choice but to wish her well on future endeavors. I have a feeling she'll be back sometime next year.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
She had a horrible character. She could wrestle. To be honest this might actually help her. She can get away from her horrible character and develope something else.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Thanks for the new thread. Much easier for lazy people like me.

I hope Battleground isn't just filler until Summerslam.

Isn't Summerslam supposed to be the second biggest PPV after WM?

BLRNerd

Apr 25, 2014
...Behind You
Not to mention, if she does come back, Sasha Banks, Charlotte Flair, and Bayley could be on the roster by then. More NXT divas to work with.

BLRNerd

Apr 25, 2014
...Behind You
You're not missing anything.

She got reinstated.

Would love to see the chaos that happened in those three hours though.

nj829

Mar 18, 2006
Northwest Arkansas
Really stupid of WWE to release her when they have other divas getting major exposure and having much larger legal issues. Have to wonder if someone in legal said they need to think twice since Cameron and others were not released after their issues.

Gnomeborg

Dec 24, 2008
I'm seriously not interested in Battleground at the moment. The Fatal Four-Way seems like more of the same old crap, with Orton and Kane working together, Cena and Reigns not being able to be on the same page because faces understand teamwork way worse than heels do, and in the end, Cena will overcome impossible odds. We'll hear for the next three weeks about how Cena doesn't even have to be involved in the decision to lose his title. We'll hear about how Cena's a huge underdog, and the odds are really stacked against him. But in the end, Cena will come out on top. Because Cena.

And we've got the battle royal for the IC belt, which will be populated by a bunch of people with no hope of winning, and maybe two or three that have a legit shot.

They've got a lot of work to do in the next three weeks to give me a reason to buy this PPV.

michaelrr1

Mar 30, 2006
WDM
Visit site
Lesnar should be in Des Moines.

[h=2]Latest Plans for Roman Reigns at WM31[/h] As of now, there continues to be talk that Brock Lesnar will defeat John Cena at SummerSlam and go onto headline WrestleMania 31 against Roman Reigns. The match would be Reigns' big WrestleMania moment, and coronation as the company's new top babyface.

Brock Lesnar defeating Cena at SummerSlam is still unconfirmed, however the event is expected to be big, as will the follow-up PPV, Night of Champions, to help bolster Network subscription renewals. As previously noted, Brock Lesnar will be working Night of Champions this year.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/489297-latest-plans-for-roman-reigns-at-wm31

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Thanks for the new thread. Much easier for lazy people like me.

I hope Battleground isn't just filler until Summerslam.

Isn't Summerslam supposed to be the second biggest PPV after WM?

That's exactly what it is. By design as well (gives them a 2 month build to SS). I would put the PPVs in this order:

1) Mania
2) Rumble
3) Summerslam
4) MITB
5-12) whatever, whatever, whatever, whatever, whatever, whatever, Payground, Battleback.

Survivor Series used to be consider part of the "Big 4" but they have just lost the mojo of that PPV big time.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
I tried to quote the post with the spoiler in it but for some reason it would appear "open" in the reply.

Isn't the problem that Lesner doesn't really participate in any of the build-up? It's like Taker rolling out once a year for

a WM "streak" match. In his case, he's old and can't take the wear and tear but Lesner at least needs to be around.

Look at the Rock coming back, pretty glorious for a few weeks but in the end I'd say it was pretty much an epic failure.

Part time players are killing the business.

Last edited:

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I am hearing Cena will eventually lose the belt to Orton or another heel for a few months. Then they will set up a Match for a No DQ with Roman Reign at a pay per view. Possibly Wrestlemania next April. At whick point Triple H and friends will be beating down RR in the ring. At which point the Rock will come out for the save. Play up the cousins angle and they will put the strap on Reigns. Sounded legit when my friend, who lives and dies wrestling, told me that.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I am hearing Cena will eventually lose the belt to Orton or another heel for a few months. Then they will set up a Match for a No DQ with Roman Reign at a pay per view. Possibly Wrestlemania next April. At whick point Triple H and friends will be beating down RR in the ring. At which point the Rock will come out for the save. Play up the cousins angle and they will put the strap on Reigns. Sounded legit when my friend, who lives and dies wrestling, told me that.

If you k now this to be true, pleeeeease no spoilers. These threads are meant to speculate what "might" happen and what has happened. Or at leat use the spoiler tag. For me, I like to be surprised. I don't want to know who is coming back and when. Or who is going to be in future fights until they unfold live.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
If you k now this to be true, pleeeeease no spoilers. These threads are meant to speculate what "might" happen and what has happened. Or at leat use the spoiler tag. For me, I like to be surprised. I don't want to know who is coming back and when. Or who is going to be in future fights until they unfold live.

Man it's the WWE. Crap changes daily. It's not a fact. It's just what one guy told me. It is just speculation.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Man it's the WWE. Crap changes daily. It's not a fact. It's just what one guy told me. It is just speculation.

I think I'm just so annoyed at WWE that the only thing left in it for me is the element of surprise. I get what you're saying. I have no doubt if people know things that are set in stone, they'll post as a spoiler.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
That's exactly what it is. By design as well (gives them a 2 month build to SS). I would put the PPVs in this order:

1) Mania
2) Rumble
3) Summerslam
4) MITB
5-12) whatever, whatever, whatever, whatever, whatever, whatever, Payground, Battleback.

Survivor Series used to be consider part of the "Big 4" but they have just lost the mojo of that PPV big time.

I still don't understand why they ever got rid of King of the Ring.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
To be fair, I've heard like 6 ideas on what's going to be happening at Battleground/Summerslam/Wrestlemania.

Typically, the WWE doesn't let these ideas slip past them. The only news that usually slips out of their hands is when a wrestler comes back like we saw with Jericho and AJ