WVU vs. KU

Wildhawk

Mar 25, 2014
Let's see six wins in 2008 and 5 in 2012! Yep 11-1 those two Dances. Yep big chokers!!!! C'mon Iowa State! Make a Final Four or quit whining about KU...

Cyclonick182

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando, FL
Let's see six wins in 2008 and 5 in 2012! Yep 11-1 those two Dances. Yep big chokers!!!! C'mon Iowa State! Make a Final Four or quit whining about KU...

I was just about the to say something similar about winning a big 12 title without buying the refs and complaining about everyone else booing you *** hats.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
I was hoping KU would win at OU but that doesn't look like it will happen with Ellis out. Wonder if he will be back in time for the Big 12 tourney. Wonder if the will Alexander back for the tourney as well.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
I saw the Ellis is for sure out on Saturday, and it was just a knee sprain. Im sure he will be fine for the first game of the Big 12 with 8 days rest.

trajanJ

Sep 11, 2008
Even the KU posters on their board are predicting an early tournament choke...again.
I'm a Jayhawk predicting it. Don't really consider it a choke because I really just don't think KU is very good. But they will end up with a high seed because they play in the Big 12. If they played in the ACC I think they end up about 4th or 5th in the conference and a much lower seed.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
I'm a Jayhawk predicting it. Don't really consider it a choke because I really just don't think KU is very good. But they will end up with a high seed because they play in the Big 12. If they played in the ACC I think they end up about 4th or 5th in the conference and a much lower seed.

They are still going to win a conference championship in the toughest league top to bottom in the country. So all is not lost.

Where this year's KU team differs from their best ones is they do not have the 1-2 punch in the low post like they have in the past. Ellis plays a soft Niang style game down low and nobody else really is a threat. They have good guard play, but Graham and Mason are both underclassmen and are heading into a tournament where experienced guard play matters more than almost everything else.

Lucky for KU (and ISU) most of the teams in the NCAA's have holes this year, other than Kentucky, and they've even played some clunkers of late. There will be four teams from the Big 12 in the tournament who have the ability to play for quite a while if they can get their games on the floor.

Last edited:

Spanky

Oct 14, 2009

Wow, go rag at your fans, not here. Your fellow posters over there are the ones predicting an early exit in both tourneys. Many don't think KU will see the second weekend, and with an average of winning 2 games per dance(and that's with great seeds), I can understand their apprehension.
Regardless, makes more sense to rag at them, don't ya think?
FYI, I'd love to see KU succeed at the dance, but apparently I'm in good KU company when I don't pick them to play to their seed in my brackets.

trajanJ

Sep 11, 2008
Wow, go rag at your fans, not here. Your fellow posters over there are the ones predicting an early exit in both tourneys. Many don't think KU will see the second weekend, and with an average of winning 2 games per dance(and that's with great seeds), I can understand their apprehension.
Regardless, makes more sense to rag at them, don't ya think?
FYI, I'd love to see KU succeed at the dance, but apparently I'm in good KU company when I don't pick them to play to their seed in my brackets.
Average 2 wins per dance? I found that interesting so I looked it up. In the last 20 years KU has 47 wins and in the last 10 years they have 23 wins. Actually over 2 wins per dance. Really with the competition in todays games that's pretty good. Duke is 43 and 18. Kentucky 55 and 23. Michigan State 42 and 23. UNC is 42 and 23. UCLA is 33 and 17.

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
Average 2 wins per dance? I found that interesting so I looked it up. In the last 20 years KU has 47 wins and in the last 10 years they have 23 wins. Actually over 2 wins per dance. Really with the competition in todays games that's pretty good. Duke is 43 and 18. Kentucky 55 and 23. Michigan State 42 and 23. UNC is 42 and 23. UCLA is 33 and 17.
giphy.gif