WrestleStat - Ad-Free?

Andegre

Mar 6, 2014
These last couple weeks I've been working on a big enhancement that touched every page in the website. This is the feature where it provides the ability to remove ads from appearing on every page. I hate ads, but I rely on them, as well as donations, to pay the monthly bills.

What are some of he other benefits to removing ads:
1) Performance - the website is CONSIDERABLY faster now that it doesn't have to wait for those ads to load. If you've donated already, you'll be able to tell as soon as you login the difference. The tests I've done so far have proved that the page load time is already TWICE as fast!
2) Bandwidth - since these ads are not loading anymore, it's cutting down the size of data that is transferred, almost in half. For an example school profile page, WITH ads, it transferred about 1.0MB of data, removing ads, it only transferred approximately 577kb (that's a 44% drop)!

So, I'm excited to say that the feature is finally complete, and has been pushed to the live website.

And for all of you that have donated already (an email was sent to you), you are automatically included in the "ignore ads" group on the website. If you really do WANT to see ads, just let me know and I can make that fix.

If you'd like to a) help out WrestleStat, and b) Get rid of those stupid ads, just drop a donation via the "Donate" link in the menu bar. It's not an automated process yet, but I'll receive and email notification of the donation, and then I'll update the database to add you to the "ignore ads" group ASAP.

Thanks again EVERYONE, you're helping me (and Obrats!) make the site better-and-better each year! Stay tuned for more enhancements later this summer.

Reactions: HGoat

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron