WR Xavier Hutchinson Commits

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC

You must be blocking off the part of your brain where people were freaking out about Notre Dame and Rhoads having a very heated conference about people questioning Lazard’s level of commitment during the recruitment process after he signed his NLI.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
You must be blocking off the part of your brain where people were freaking out about Notre Dame and Rhoads having a very heated conference about people questioning Lazard’s level of commitment during the recruitment process after he signed his NLI.

Why do you think I don't remember? I'm making fun of them.

JDDDCy

Dec 20, 2017
With Jones graduating is Milton expected to move inside next year? I could also see Lang playing some in the slot. I think he was lined up there on his catch last Saturday.

Reactions: FinalFourCy

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
With Jones graduating is Milton expected to move inside next year? I could also see Lang playing some in the slot. I think he was lined up there on his catch last Saturday.

I think Milton is the natural guy to take over for Jones and be a 5-10 catch per game guy next season. Hope Shaw improves between this season and next like Hakeem did.

MyCyView

Sep 3, 2014
Pretty surreal to even write this but as a high level WR recruit with two years of eligibility left Iowa State may very well be a more attractive place to play than OU (not accounting for program prestige). Brock Purdy will likely be the returning leader in the NCAA in total passing yards and may very well be a top 5-10 Heisman candidate next year. Kolar will be a top three tight end in football next year garnering a lot of attention from defenses. Might end up having a freshman All-American at running back in Hall. We lose our top two WRs in Jones and Pettway.

And all of this doesn't happen without a much improved offensive line!!! KUDOS to the guys doing all the dirty work!!!

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
There are people that still think the earth is flat. Let’s not exaggerate things, like Rhoads did.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
I can't believe 11 games into the season we have the 12th rated offense nationally. Usually that's where we rank in the conference.

Seriously, for decades we hung around in the 80-120 range and I assumed itd never get much better than that. Maybe into the 50s or 40s but no way any better. Can't recruit enough speed I thought. Just crazy.

Yet for some, Manning still sucks.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
No one thought he was going to flip more than Paul Rhoads. The press conference he had after signing day that year was absolutely embarrassing. He acted like ISU just won the national championship because he was able to land Lazard.
At the time, I think it was the highest rated recruit ISU had ever landed, so it was kind of a big deal.

Also, it’s funny how much time and success and just a coach with a different style and personality changes our views. Earlier this morning I was going through old Lazard threads and came across the one about that press conference and probably 90-95% of the posters in the thread LOVED how he was in that press conference.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013

I think you'll see a lot of that, but this staff also liked using Milton on the outside with Butler in the slot a lot last year and get Hakeem in that middle seam vs. safeties.

Campbell recently mentioned Loving-Black as a guy that has been really impressive in practice and someone they are excited about. Expect some more 3 TE looks next year with him in there.

Milton does seem like a natural to move inside. He's good on those routes over the middle and catches balls in traffic pretty well. Akers is a good YAC guy and is good in those "extension of the running game" plays like the quick screen in out of the bunch formation. Hands are not as consistent as you want in that slot role getting that key catch on 3rd and 6, but he seems like he's getting there.

Shaw, Hutchinson, Scates and Wilson should all get plenty of opportunities. Seems as though Shaw has separated some from Scates and Wilson, but all these guys will get on the field plenty.

Reactions: Doc and FinalFourCy

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
At the time, I think it was the highest rated recruit ISU had ever landed, so it was kind of a big deal.

Also, it’s funny how much time and success and just a coach with a different style and personality changes our views. Earlier this morning I was going through old Lazard threads and came across the one about that press conference and probably 90-95% of the posters in the thread LOVED how he was in that press conference.
Not surprising given the likely audience in that thread. Some people bought into his antics until the end.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
No one thought he was going to flip more than Paul Rhoads. The press conference he had after signing day that year was absolutely embarrassing. He acted like ISU just won the national championship because he was able to land Lazard.
To be fair, every time Paul did something right, his reaction was that of winning a national championship.