Wow was that Jiri or Loren Meyer?

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Jiri is a much more skilled player then Meyer ever was. Meyer was a true Center. Jiri is a true PF. The only thing they have comparable is height, the college uniform they wore and skin color. :biglaugh:

Can't even say that - Meyer's uni's were a deeper shade of cardinal than Jiri's and he's not going to be around for the return of that shade next year...

nickwc

Mar 27, 2007
Denver, CO
He was awesome tonight. Peterson was excellent again, hmm where are all the Petey naysayers? Listening to them you would think he was averaging 8 turnovers a game and 1 lucky assist. Last 3 games 12 assists 0 turnovers. Facts tend to blur things i guess. Rashon was excellent, im somewhat shocked at the 3's hes making. Thompson had a couple good shots, Brackins was up n down. Feel sorry for Haluska, he has to make a three sooner or later, it must be driving him crazy.

I will hold judgment on him after he has played in the Big 12, not after Bethoon Cookman, and Texas Southern. Im gnna go out on a limb and say that he won't have that good assist-t0 ratio in the big 12.

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
Jiri is a much more skilled player then Meyer ever was. Meyer was a true Center. Jiri is a true PF. The only thing they have comparable is height, the college uniform they wore and skin color. :biglaugh:

No kidding! About the skin color that is... I wouldn't agree about the skills though. Meyer was a decent offensive players and ran the floor well. Over the course of Meyer's career he improved as much as Jiri and was more consistent. I would take Meyer as senior over Jiri as a senior any day.

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
Jiri did play great last night, I was glad I was finally able to see Brackins in real life rather than just on TV. OMG is he the real deal or what? Rahson I can tell is the glue holding everything good about this team together. Guard play still must improve but good to see Bryan play well against a team he should play well against. I mean Texas SO only had 8 players...One thing I have been noticing lately about Wesley Johnson - man does he have a GREAT looking shot and release that never seems to go in?!? I feel like something is just barely off otherwise he should be draining his shots. But I really think this team is improving and we are better than our record, I think we have a legit shot at winning out the non-conf. before big 12 play with a good test against Purdue.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Meyer is also a better at blowing through every dollar he ever made in the NBA and selling drugs in his tiny hometown of Ruthven.:no:

Let's see Jiri do that!

Oh the stories I've heard from people there too! Last year we went to the local bar he works as (Sas's I think is what it's called) and he was bartending. They used to have his poster and jersey up on the wall almost like it was a shrine but it's no longer there. I snuck a picture of him serving a beer and text messaged it to some friends who got a kick out of it. The guy is not too bright. I go back to get another beer and ask for another, he asks "what are you having?" I hold my Bud Light bottle up closer and shake it a little as if it wasn't already clearly in view to begin with until he finally figured it out. Earlier last year they had a street party and he was serving there too, he goes to get my beer and comes back and gives it to someone that had just walked up!

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
Oh the stories I've heard from people there too! Last year we went to the local bar he works as (Sas's I think is what it's called) and he was bartending. They used to have his poster and jersey up on the wall almost like it was a shrine but it's no longer there. I snuck a picture of him serving a beer and text messaged it to some friends who got a kick out of it. The guy is not too bright. I go back to get another beer and ask for another, he asks "what are you having?" I hold my Bud Light bottle up closer and shake it a little as if it wasn't already clearly in view to begin with until he finally figured it out. Earlier last year they had a street party and he was serving there too, he goes to get my beer and comes back and gives it to someone that had just walked up!

Alot of bartenders will ask you "what are you having" even if your holding a beer in case you want something different, unless your like a regular and they know exactly what they drink. This guy might be stupid like you say, but he's just doing his job asking you what are you having.

He probably gave your beer away the next time cause he thought you were an *** the last time he served you.:smile:

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Alot of bartenders will ask you "what are you having" even if your holding a beer in case you want something different, unless your like a regular and they know exactly what they drink. This guy might be stupid like you say, but he's just doing his job asking you what are you having.

He probably gave your beer away the next time cause he thought you were an *** the last time he served you.:smile:

Those were 2 different occasions so pretty sure that it wasn't related. Guess you just had to been there to get the situation because I do the same thing all the time and rarely been asked what I've been drinking when I come to the bar with an empty bottle in hand. When you put your empty bottle down on the bar and say "I'll have another one" most bartenders are going to see what you have and get you the same thing without asking.

jay moe

Apr 10, 2006
southern iowa
That's too bad about Meyer. Granted while he was at ISU, he got into his fair share of trouble, but eventually most people grow out of that. Apparently he has not. I'll bet he is one of the biggest bartenders around.