Would You Rather (regarding Iowa)

Clones8686

Jan 19, 2015
DUMB QUESTION ALERT - this is just for fun, it's supposed to be two terrible options, like the game I'm sure you all played when you were a kid! ;)

Would you rather:
-Go 0-12 this year and Iowa goes, say 12-1 and wins the Big Ten. But the fact that they played an 0-12 team OOC is enough to put Iowa at #5 in the rankings and lock them out of the CFP.

OR

-We turn things around somehow and finish 6-6, making a bowl game. But now the slight boost to 12-1 Iowa's SOS is enough to get them to #4 and into the playoffs.

IF you choose option #2, what if we add the wrinkle that you know Iowa would somehow win the CFP. Would that be enough to change to option #1?

Honestly, I would go with option #2 at first, but if I knew it meant Iowa was going to win the national championship, damn, I don't think I could deal with that, I might have to switch to #1. o_O

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I'm having a tougher-and-tougher time rooting against Iowa. A well coached team that does things right on both sides of the ball. A lot of good local kids on the rosters that have worked hard to earn a spot. It may be a refreshing change to watch a well-coached team who has developed players and has a good sense of identity on both sides of the ball.

So give me option 2.

Reactions: breck53

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Option 2 if Iowa just made the playoffs, not sure I'd pick it though knowing they would win it all. Iowa being national champions would be a hard pill to swallow. Think of their fans, and future recruiting.

Clones8686

Jan 19, 2015
If anyone doesn't choose option 2 they are an idiot.
Hey man, this is just a light hearted thread, no one here is an idiot because they have an opinion about this question, calm down and maybe go outside and smell the fresh almost fall air. Not everything here has to be an anger-fest

• Agree
Reactions: CyInDFW

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Hey man, this is just a light hearted thread, no one here is an idiot because they have an opinion about this question, calm down and maybe go outside and smell the fresh almost fall air. Not everything here has to be an anger-fest

I never implied that you were an idiot for starting the thread, I'm just saying if someone actually would choose option 1 over option 2 they are an idiot. I'm not angry at all

Reactions: NetflixAndClone

laminak

Jun 13, 2010
Marion
Easily Option #2. I'm an ISU fan first and an Iowa opponent fan second. ISU's performance will always be my top priority.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
6-6 (or better!)
I don't hate the Iowa team (well, a couple of players over the years have been jackasses, but as a team, no). I hate the jackass fans. Not all of the fans, just the jackass ones. So, while I'd much rather we beat them so I don't have to listen to the braying for a year, I'd rather root for us to go 6-6 than 0-12. I'm a Cyclone.

CyInDFW

Aug 14, 2015
Lewisville, TX
Option #2 all day, every day. Iowa State going 6-6 means a bowl game for us which increases our chances in recruiting

Once the iowa game is over with I don't really care how they do the rest of the season, so that's a wash for me.

istater7

Mar 31, 2010
Aaaaand this is one of the reasons why ISU gets the "little brother" tag

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
This is the dumbest question. It should be would you rather get your ass beat 12 times this year and Iowa gets blown out in a BCS bowl again or would you rather be respectable and win 6 of our last 10 games while Iowa gets blown out in the CFP? Even if you said 2 wins as opposed to 0 I'd take 2. If you are an Iowa State fan you should want Iowa State to win as many games as they can.

ISU_Clone_28

Mar 27, 2006
Fort Dodge, IA
an option of either going 0-12 or 6-6 and making a bowl in Campbell's first year? I'll take option 2 all day every day regardless of what it means Iowa does. the Iowa fans that are going to be douche bags about bragging about making the CFP would still be douche bags about us going 0-12 if they missed so might as well pick the one that that benefits ISU the most.