Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Beat Nebraska and Iowa, but miss a bowl

Votes: 28 28.9%
  • Lose to Texas, NU & Iowa, but make a low-tier bowl

Votes: 67 69.1%

• Total voters
Jun 2, 2010
Jack Trice Stadium
I don't understand the bowl game exposure argument. In a lower tier bowl (as the poll states) there is very little hype or exposure, and while people may watch the games, it's unlikely that they remember the winners of lower tier bowl games.

Beating a ranked Iowa or Nebraska could make us THE story of that day in CFB, depending onw how highly they are ranked. Iowa got more exposure from beating #3 Penn State in 2008 than they did from the Outback Bowl win against South Carolina.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
I don't understand the bowl game exposure argument. In a lower tier bowl (as the poll states) there is very little hype or exposure, and while people may watch the games, it's unlikely that they remember the winners of lower tier bowl games.

Beating a ranked Iowa or Nebraska could make us THE story of that day in CFB, depending onw how highly they are ranked. Iowa got more exposure from beating #3 Penn State in 2008 than they did from the Outback Bowl win against South Carolina.

Do you understand the x# more days of practice argument? Herman's offense is a system that requires lots of practice. We need all we can get. Any answer but option 3 is wrong.

You don't build a program on major upsets...Walden beat OU and NU.

You build a program by developing your system; practice and game experience achieves this.

Last edited:

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006
I'd be surprised if anyone that went to Tempe picked anything but option #3.

jsmith86

Dec 5, 2006
Cedar Rapids
Bowl game = more $$

Bowl Game also = drive for returning players to return to a bowl game.

Winning is a thing that can build on itself. Once you start, you don't like to lose and you do anything you can to avoid losing. The amount of cyclone spirit in that stadium in Tempe was insane. In my five years of being a student at ISU, the only game that meant more to me was a certain game that ended with a score of 23-3.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Bowl Game also = drive for returning players to return to a bowl game.

Winning is a thing that can build on itself. Once you start, you don't like to lose and you do anything you can to avoid losing. The amount of cyclone spirit in that stadium in Tempe was insane. In my five years of being a student at ISU, the only game that meant more to me was a certain game that ended with a score of 23-3.

This sums up my confidence in this year's team