Would you be in favor of changing the school colors?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Change school colors?

• Yes

Votes: 16 7.4%
  • No

Votes: 201 92.6%

• Total voters

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
The Arizona Cardinals IMO know how to mix black, red, and yellow in just the right way. Mostly black and white with some red accents and hardly any yellow at all....

View attachment 78228

Those are literally one of the worse uniforms sets in the NFL.

"What a disaster. The Cardinals start with a very old-school helmet look — plain white shell, basic logo, gray facemask — and pair it with newfangled elements like those clownish jersey sleeves and the league’s worst pants striping. It’s a painfully bad clash of old-school and new-school, and it all looks even worse when they break out the black alternates. Blow it up and start over."

https://www.insidehook.com/article/sports/uni-watch-nfl-power-rankings-2020

Here here.

• Agree
Reactions: Winchester

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
Yes, we should change our entire universities official colors including all of the other team uniforms as well as things like marching band etc., because we’ve won a few games in black and white and the boys look sharp in it.

I mean, thats good enough for me

For the record, I haven't voted in the poll.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
I refuse to buy any ISU apparel in black. Grey is as close as it gets.

My brother in law (a Hawk Grad) tweaked me a few years ago buying a black ISU t-shirt. NEEDLESS TO SAY, it is worn under sweatshirts.

Iowa wouldn't wear cardinal. Ohio State wouldn't wear blue, Oklahoma wouldn't wear orange.
I have a black isu hat, but it’s got the cardinal I on it.

Reactions: Busch__Latte

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016

My brother in law (a Hawk Grad) tweaked me a few years ago buying a black ISU t-shirt. NEEDLESS TO SAY, it is worn under sweatshirts.

Iowa wouldn't wear cardinal. Ohio State wouldn't wear blue, Oklahoma wouldn't wear orange.

Can't imagine letting a family member have power over me in what I would and wouldn't wear.

• Agree
Reactions: Busch__Latte

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
In some alternate reality we have looked like the Raiders this entire time and our campus is in West Des Moines or Marshalltown. Lol
Actually, that would be Boone.

They had a choice between getting the college or the railroad, and voted for the railroad.
No, but the all blacks are clearly our big game unis at home. Like when ND puts on their greens. We need to be judicious about how we use a uniform that has magical winning powers. Didn't we beat Methzoo the only time we wore gold tops? We need to explore an all yellow kit, imo.

You just know they’re going to choose some variety of blacks for WVU. Sigh.

• Informative
Reactions: t-noah

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Absolutely not.

But I like the alternative black unis for big home games.
Agree. I do think we need to add a shade of gold similar to, maybe slightly lighter than our '70's gold (NOT on Black unis mindyou!). Two years in a row we have done 3 Home Blacks. That's only 3 with our C/G! It's obvious now Campbell does not like our gold. Many of our fans agree. Time for a change. Keep our yellow/gold but only use it for trim/numbers (w/ football uni). Maybe we see more C/G if we added our '70's gold.
mb7299 said:
Right, im not sure why we dont include even a hint of our school colors in the uniforms, even the black with a hint of red tint would be an amazing colored jersey. Or a hint of red in the logo on the helmet.
Here is my hint of red (in sleeve) in the Black uni. Adding some red elsewhere (socks, helmet, tape, accessories) could be optional with certain games. I do like the all-blacks. This red accent in sleeve is a perfect addition IMO. It still looks "all-black" but has option of adding even a bit more cardinal if desired.
CyUni 2022 a1 B1 Blk ChevTriceJer 88- b b b BlkfceBBB BlkRdSHD.png CyUni 2022 a1 B1 Blk TriceJer 15- b b b BlkfceBBB BlkRdSHD.png One with trace chevron on jersey, one without. CyUni 2022 a1 B1 Blk ChevTriceJer 88- b b b BlkfceBBW BlkRdSHD.png White chinstrap.

Last edited:

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Actually, that would be Boone.

They had a choice between getting the college or the railroad, and voted for the railroad.

You just know they’re going to choose some variety of blacks for WVU. Sigh.

I realize the win streak we have going w/ the black/silver/white combos, but I'd like to wear the school-color set more than 4 games per season.

• Agree
Reactions: mb7299 and Aclone

Cycho1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 18, 2008
Barrington Hills, IL

Hard disagree on this one. Black is a neutral color. I've seen black ohio state and michigan apparel. It's like saying you wouldn't wear a white shirt because Wiscy, nebraska, and indiana use it as a school color.

The fact that it irks your brother in law should be more the reason to wear it.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I realize the win streak we have going w/ the black/silver/white combos, but I'd like to wear the school-color set more than 4 games per season.
Ahem, It's down to 3 games per season for C/G (Home), last two seasons.. That's if we do a C/G set against WV. If we do another Black vs. WV that will make 4 Black if I'm not mistaken, and only two C/G!. Wow.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Hard disagree on this one. Black is a neutral color. I've seen black ohio state and michigan apparel. It's like saying you wouldn't wear a white shirt because Wiscy, nebraska, and indiana use it as a school color.

The fact that it irks your brother in law should be more the reason to wear it.
It doesn't irk him that ISU wears black. He just views it as ISU little brother syndrome- where we try to be like the Hawks.

Cycho1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 18, 2008
Barrington Hills, IL
It doesn't irk him that ISU wears black. He just views it as ISU little brother syndrome- where we try to be like the Hawks.

Again, black is a neutral color. Every team that mixes in black is not copying the squakeyes. The squaks literally copied the Pittsburgh Steelers uniforms. Hard to take them serious if they think others are copying them.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Again, black is a neutral color. Every team that mixes in black is not copying the squakeyes. The squaks literally copied the Pittsburgh Steelers uniforms. Hard to take them serious if they think others are copying them.

I like our black and white uniforms, but our cardinal and gold logos look great on black apparel. The idea that a Hawkeye fan thinks it has anything to do with them is idiotic.