Would be nice to wear Cardinal in the Fiesta Bowl

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I get it, the black ones look great and the players love them.

Just listened to CW's pod with Jaimie and the Oregon AD, Jamie says black will be worn Saturday, even though Oregon wanted to wear black. ISU is home team, so they got first dibs.

It's all fine and Dandy, but at what point do your alternates stop being your alternates? Do school colors even matter anymore? Should I throw out all my cardinal/ gold t shirts?

Oregon wears black in honor of their Hawaiian/ pacific islander athletes. Iowa State wears black because Johnny Cash... to summarize a Jamie quote from the pod...

Once or twice a year would be fine. For a bowl game on a national stage, give me the school colors and primary unis

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA

Just listened to CW's pod with Jaimie and the Oregon AD, Jamie says black will be worn Saturday, even though Oregon wanted to wear black. ISU is home team, so they got first dibs.

It's all fine and Dandy, but at what point do your alternates stop being your alternates? Do school colors even matter anymore? Should I throw out all my cardinal/ gold t shirts?

Oregon wears black in honor of their Hawaiian/ pacific islander athletes. Iowa State wears black because Johnny Cash... to summarize a Jamie quote from the pod...

Once or twice a year would be fine. For a bowl game on a national stage, give me the school colors and primary unis

For the players this year who don’t get a typical bowl week with fans,etc.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I know how trivial this is, but I'm in Eastern Iowa and watch a lot of games with my wife's father, a big Hawkeye fan. It doesn't matter how many times he has seen the black unis, when we watch the game Saturday, the first words out of his mouth will be, "Black?!" I haven't justified him with a response yet, but I might bury his face in a pillow for the entire game if I hear it again.

HawaiiClone

Dec 4, 2020
I want to do what the people who put in the actual work want. Not what the people sitting in the stands want.

It is not unheard of to get feedback from the fans regarding the color of uniforms. The decision regarding uni colors could be a collaborative one of players, team staff and fans. However, ultimately the team decides and we accept whatever they wear.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
I've seen people say they don't care if ISU wears pink if they're winning and they have a point. So, I'm not going to complain. But, if I had a say, I'd reserve the black for one big night game a year. We have a lot of other options.

Dr.bannedman

liberal
Aug 21, 2012
that island napoleon got sent to

nerd

• Informative
Reactions: Cyinthenorth

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
If you want to beat your drum about wearing the colors go ahead, I just think it has no bearing on anything except fan feelings.

I know how trivial this is, but I'm in Eastern Iowa and watch a lot of games with my wife's father, a big Hawkeye fan. It doesn't matter how many times he has seen the black unis, when we watch the game Saturday, the first words out of his mouth will be, "Black?!" I haven't justified him with a response yet, but I might bury his face in a pillow for the entire game if I hear it again.
Do it, and record it.