Women's March Madness: Cyclones vs Texas A&M 6 p.m. ESPN2

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
This. Bill panicked and froze.

YEah....it's weird....I'm just accepting the referees were going to swallow the whistles....we all knew that.....and we had 5 quarters to know that backing into the lane with no fouls called probably wasn't going to get a good shot...certainly not a foul. With the game tied in overtime, that should have been a play for a jump shooter.
And the lack of knowledge on inbounding with 1 second....that is catch and shoot. That should not be a learning moment at this level...it should be common knowledge.
Announcers, Referees, Pharisees,....all against us. Oh well. If that last second shot misses, we still find a way in double overtime to have some other dumb thing happen to us.

Big_Sill

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 4, 2008
Defense on A&M's last possession of regulation needs to take some heat. Maybe we were trying to avoid the foul, but that was weak.

Fishhead

Oct 6, 2010
sigh...

So I can think of 3 last second shots for a Cyclone loss in the ncaa tournament

Tonight
Aaron craft
Cameron Dollar

Any others?

cyclone wins
Hornacek against Miami-Ohio

Reactions: CyBobby

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
Not only that. Her leg was BETWEEN the ISU player's legs and she was chest to chest with our player. How the **** is that not a foul on the A&M player???

I'm reminded of the KU game(mens) at Hilton some time in the last 10 years where the inbounder was flailing his legs and arms OVER the sideline...totally in our inbounders junk. We just took it in the heat of battle...referees just let KU be KU. I think it was the game that Self almost got a can of whoop ass opened on him by a loyal son. Referees are gonna call crap different in crunch time...just a reality.

CYDJ

Jan 12, 2013
I'm reminded of the KU game(mens) at Hilton some time in the last 10 years where the inbounder was flailing his legs and arms OVER the sideline...totally in our inbounders junk. We just took it in the heat of battle...referees just let KU be KU. I think it was the game that Self almost got a can of whoop ass opened on him by a loyal son. Referees are gonna call crap different in crunch time...just a reality.

That is true. I really wished it wasn't. A foul with 12:33 left in the game is a foul with 0:03.3 left in the game. It is unfair to not call it consistently like that. Swallowing a whistle is just one of the ways officials can be deemed insufficient. One foul does not have any more affect on the game than another based on when it occurs. If you call a charge and take points off the board earlier, you should do the same in crunch time. It's 2 points difference either way.

Reactions: 06_CY and legi

Thorongil Clone

Gone to Numenor
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 2, 2021
sigh...

So I can think of 3 last second shots for a Cyclone loss in the ncaa tournament

Tonight
Aaron craft
Cameron Dollar

Any others?

cyclone wins
Hornacek against Miami-Ohio
You really don't want us to go there, do you? ;)

CYDJ

Jan 12, 2013
I hate refs that swallow the whistle at the end of games because of some ******** unwritten rule of “let the players decide the game”. The player that’s fouling IS deciding the game you gutless chicken **** refs.

With that mentality the officials shouldn't be there at all. Let the players decide the game the whole game. Officials are there to keep an unfair advantages due to breakage of rules from happening, whenever they occur. If any of them DO feel this way, they need to hang up their whistles.

Reactions: legi

HoopsTournament

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
www.hoopstournament.net
Yeah I know people will ***** about the refs, deservedly so, but lets not act like we executed well down the stretch either.
No one is acting like that. I have seen bad officiating. This was 100 times worse than just bad. It was probably top3 worst I have ever seen in over 1000 games.

CYTUTT

Nov 25, 2012
I agree that the refs were absolutely terrible, but I have never liked the hold the ball and run the clock. They had a couple of shot clock violations and this team needs to keep moving - due to the lack of size and that’s just the way they play.

I was super impressed and will definitely follow (and watch) many more games next year. So much potential!