Wish we could’ve

iowastatefan1929

Oct 26, 2006
Anyone ISU plays after September their odds will go up to win. People should accept this about CMC, his September teams are building for an October push. Hopefully Cyclone fans dont run CMC out of town someday because of this. Also the Hawk fans always saying its our superbowl, yes when CDM teams would beat Iowa and go onto stink, sure it was our superbowl, but their accusations are starting to look like projection. Iowa is clearly not getting better as the season goes on, but at the same time Cyclones should have the humility not to chirp at them, fan bases should be cordial to each other, Cyclone fans chirped all summer and look what happened, the conference blew up and they dropped 2 in September and barely beat UNI. Then Hawkeye fans chirped all September and they are coming back to reality that they are a bit of a one trick pony scheme wise, although still a solid team.

Reactions: cy4state

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Anyone ISU plays after September their odds will go up to win. People should accept this about CMC, his September teams are building for an October push. Hopefully Cyclone fans dont run CMC out of town someday because of this. Also the Hawk fans always saying its our superbowl, yes when CDM teams would beat Iowa and go onto stink, sure it was our superbowl, but their accusations are starting to look like projection. Iowa is clearly not getting better as the season goes on, but at the same time Cyclones should have the humility not to chirp at them, fan bases should be cordial to each other, Cyclone fans chirped all summer and look what happened, the conference blew up and they dropped 2 in September and barely beat UNI. Then Hawkeye fans chirped all September and they are coming back to reality that they are a bit of a one trick pony scheme wise, although still a solid team.

I can’t accept this. It’s not that hard. Open the playbook, trust your players, and go for it. Every game. We’d be laughing at Iowa or OU or whoever that’s just like “we basically waive the white flag in September and I’m totally fine with that”

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
I wish our staff prepared our guys better for games in September. Oh well. Iowa very well could end the regular season 7-5. They aren’t good.

FeedBreece

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2020
I think I wish in general we could play this game in November. Regardless of our September struggles.

It just feels right to play it then.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I think I wish in general we could play this game in November. Regardless of our September struggles.

It just feels right to play it then.

If a miracle happens and ISU ends up in the B1G I wonder if they make it the Thanksgiving weekend game.

JHUNSY

Aug 31, 2013
Des Moines, IA
Frankly, I’d rather not, because then that means we’re playing a conference opponent earlier in September instead and that’s when we've looked most susceptible.

And conference wins matter more than beating Iowa. That’s my take.

Reactions: BoxsterCy

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
We barely beat UNI, and played like crap in losses to Iowa and Baylor. It has nothing do with when we play whom and everything to do with when this team and coaching staff decide to show up and play ball. A team with this much talent shouldn't need the "well if we wooda played later" excuse.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
Honestly as ****** as we play in September if we trade the Squawks for a conference game and play them later in the year, it just means we lose a conference game. Because we cant pull our heads out of our asses in September.

Sorry truth hurts, but we play like crap every year in September if we moved Iowa later, it would replace it with a conference game in September and that would be worse for us. Losing any game sucks, losing a conference game is worse.

Until we start playing like a decent football team to start the season it does not matter.

I don't wish we played Iowa later, I wish we played in September like we play in October. This is what we need to wish. Because that is what is more important.

I am not exactly sure what the answer is, or what the problem is, but this is definitely a theme with our teams.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
How about just figure out what needs to happen in August camp to come out looking like a veteran and established football program.

Ya I mean it’s one thing if you’re bringing back like 5 starters. It’s a whole different thing with all of the returning starters and seniors we have.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Ya I mean it’s one thing if you’re bringing back like 5 starters. It’s a whole different thing with all of the returning starters and seniors we have.

Really any year except this one a slow start was reasonable as at times ISU had more to replace than it seemed, Covid etc.