Wish Dan was still here........

CarolinaCy

Apr 18, 2008
Wow, really, Says the Big 12 north years, and 1996, 97, 98, 99, 03, 06. I don't believe he even finished half of his seasons with a winning record.

4 seasons out of 12. 2000, 2001, 2004, 2005. Only 2000 was a winning conference record (5-3).

FDWxMan

Jan 31, 2009
Des Moines
Am I right counting (off the top of my head) that we're 7-20 since our biggest win ever?

That's a total freefall, and it's not all based on injuries this year. We're just bad.

I think it's funny that people think there's much of a difference between the two, on-field performance wise.

The fans have stepped up their game, but for the most part, the product, especially after this year starts to blend in nicely with 2000-2006.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
I think Dan came into a worse situation at ISU than Rhoads did by far and so far his achievements have outweighed Rhoads. Only time will tell who ends up with the better career at ISU.

Are you serious?

Rhoads wins at Texas and Nebraska

win against #2 team in the country.

NONE of this would happen under Mac.

CarolinaCy

Apr 18, 2008
Are you serious?

Mac did accomplish ISU's first bowl win, but I'm not sure he should get credit for ISU being so utterly horrible for the previous 100 years.

You could argue that Mac's signature "win" was the loss to Florida State to start the '02 season.

cyclonez7

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny
Are you serious?

That's because Texas and Nebraska were contending for national titles when Mac was coach. Also, did you forget when we went into College Station and put a beat down on A&M?

FDWxMan

Jan 31, 2009
Des Moines
Are you serious?

Be careful here.

If you're going to hold the "conference is harder" now than it was 10 years ago as a crutch for Paul, then you have to acknowledge Nebraska wasn't close to the team they were most of the time Dan played them. And that Texas win was a losing record Horns team. How many of those were there in the 2000s?

He also did win against #8 once.

Again, not arguing for one or the other at this point. They're just much similar than either side is willing to admit.

CarolinaCy

Apr 18, 2008
Am I right counting (off the top of my head) that we're 7-20 since our biggest win ever?

That's a total freefall, and it's not all based on injuries this year. We're just bad.

We're injured. And young. And inexperienced. For over 2 years now.

Cyhart

Aug 15, 2009
Des Moines
The people who want Danny Mac back are suffering from a common thing with human beings. Remembering the past in a better light than it actually was. Its why a lot of people remember their ex relationships better than they actually were. Remember vacations better. Etc
The FACT is, it was time for a change when Dan was let go, and it was the right move.

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
That's because Texas and Nebraska were contending for national titles when Mac was coach. Also, did you forget when we went into College Station and put a beat down on A&M?

You've sold me, we made a huge mistake. 2000, 2002, 2004, 2005, those weren't the flukes, it was all his losing years that were the flukes. We definitely would have been in a better place right now with him at the helm.

Holy ****, you people who love mediocre play drive me ******* nuts. "Well, it's not that bad" must be your life motto.

cyclonez7

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny
McCarney didn't mess around with QBs either. We had some of the best QBs in program history under McCarney. Rosenfels, Wallace, and Meyer. Rhoads can't even get a QB who is capable of starting the whole season. He can't coach QBs or recruit them very well. The quarterback position has been a disaster under Coach Rhoads.

BigCojones

Aug 24, 2009
Ankeny
Dan was as bad at picking assistant coaches and making adjustments as PR. And with the new Big 12 round robin and and only 3 non conf games I would take PR over Dan any day.

With Dan you might as well not even turn the TV on vs Big dogs. It was guaranteed to be a blow out.

cyclonez7

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny
You've sold me, we made a huge mistake. 2000, 2002, 2004, 2005, those weren't the flukes, it was all his losing years that were the flukes. We definitely would have been in a better place right now with him at the helm.

Holy ****, you people who love mediocre play drive me ******* nuts. "Well, it's not that bad" must be your life motto.

I don't love mediocre play, but you have to accept that losing seasons are going to happen at ISU. Under McCarney we would have 2 good years for every bad year. Under Rhoads it's 2 average years for every bad year. What would you rather have?

mikem

Jul 27, 2010
Be careful here.

If you're going to hold the "conference is harder" now than it was 10 years ago as a crutch for Paul, then you have to acknowledge Nebraska wasn't close to the team they were most of the time Dan played them. And that Texas win was a losing record Horns team. How many of those were there in the 2000s?

He also did win against #8 once.

Again, not arguing for one or the other at this point. They're just much similar than either side is willing to admit.

Of course you're not arguing...

If you count # 8, then you have to count UT because they were ranked when we beat them.

Not arguing, just saying.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron