wish bubu could play

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Define win. Lets say Bubu takes this to court and a jury goes nuts and gives him a million dollar verdict. There's no insurance to pay it and I'm going to go out on a limb and say the Defendant can't give ole Boobs a check. So he's left to collect on it. You know things that Bubu can't collect on? Their house (homestead), personal property including $1,000 cash, most jewelry, pensions, social security, alimony, child support, & a vehicle not to exceed $7,000. Oh and here's what you can take from their paycheck per year:

$12,000-$15,999: $400 garnished
$16,000-$23,999: $800
$24,000-$34,999: $1500
$35,000-$49,999: $2000
$50,000 or more: Not more than 10% of earnings

And that's before you pay a lawyer to collect it and the sheriff to go out and get it. So that million dollar judgment is going to get paid at a top end net rate of about $1400 per year if they're making 40k/year.

You know who is going to win though? Bubu's lawyer. He wasn't stupid enough to take this on contingency and he's going to get a boat load of publicity win or lose.

By the way, exactly what are Bubu's damages here? He's in the D-League which he's probably lucky to be in given his talent level. Has he been turned down for a job? His name has been cleared multiple times so, what exactly did not being on the basketball team for 9 months cost him in dollars and cents. And tell me how you not only got that number, but how that money is going to make it up to him.

Bubu may "win" but from a true net dollar standpoint he's throwing good money at bad.

Oh hey look, self loathing lawyers do exist.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Bubu did not "win". The Court of Appeals chose not to hear the Regent's appeal because the matter was moot as Bubu is out of eligibility.

he didn't win anything...

Technically he did. Since the Regents were appealing his former "win" issued by the District Court, doesnt the Appeals Court dismissing the Regents appeal uphold the District Courts decision, and therefore upholds Bubu's former "win".

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
Technically he did. Since the Regents were appealing his former "win" issued by the District Court, doesnt the Appeals Court dismissing the Regents appeal uphold the District Courts decision, and therefore upholds Bubu's former "win".

ok fine, best win he has had since he's worn an ISU uniform. Glad we can now move on since he won't be bothering Iowa state with any more legal battles!!

LawyerClone

Jul 28, 2012
What the H*** does him playing in the D league have to do with false evidence being manufactured?

And, "define win?" Perhaps you don't understand what "win his suit" means, so let me explain it in simple terms for you: the jury votes in his favor. And, maybe that means more to him at this point than a monetary benefit. Maybe that's how Bubu defines "win."

Any case has two parts, liability and damages. You need both for a good case. By way of example,

If I get rear-ended by an old lady going 20 in a 25mph zone that causes chronic neck and back pain is a better case than getting T-Boned by a drunk driver going 55 in a 30 where I walk away from the wreck without injury. Another way, a case with 100,000 of damages and 100,000 of insurance is better than a case with 500,000 of damage and zero in insurance.

There is about a 99% chance that Bubu will pay more in prosecuting the action than he will actually get out of it. On behalf of the bar association, I'd like to thank Bubu for bringing this, but it's not a smart financial decision.

CYKOFAN

Mar 27, 2006
ok fine, best win he has had since he's worn an ISU uniform. Glad we can now move on since he won't be bothering Iowa state with any more legal battles!!

Actually we had a lot of great wins with BuBu contributing, and I'm fairly certain he was being counted on for major minutes his senior year. The fact that he's made a D-League team shows he's pretty good. And I don't think you can blame BuBu for getting kicked off a 2nd time for his senior year with no charges and no new evidence brought forth. That pretty much lies on the administration, and the courts judged them harshly for it. I wonder how much costing him a player and this mishandling by the admininistration affected Fred. And maybe being vindicated is what's most important to BuBu and his family in this lawsuit as I agree they can't be doing it in the hope of getting much money.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
Actually we had a lot of great wins with BuBu contributing, and I'm fairly certain he was being counted on for major minutes his senior year. The fact that he's made a D-League team shows he's pretty good. And I don't think you can blame BuBu for getting kicked off a 2nd time for his senior year with no charges and no new evidence brought forth. That pretty much lies on the administration, and the courts judged them harshly for it. I wonder how much costing him a player and this mishandling by the admininistration affected Fred. And maybe being vindicated is what's most important to BuBu and his family in this lawsuit as I agree they can't be doing it in the hope of getting much money.

Your reading comprehension is terrible. And there are some garbage players in the d league.

nothing will beat my buddy yelling out at bubu when he played the energy, "don't double team!" When he was on defense.

Pseudonym

Apr 7, 2009
San Francisco, California
Any case has two parts, liability and damages. You need both for a good case. By way of example,

If I get rear-ended by an old lady going 20 in a 25mph zone that causes chronic neck and back pain is a better case than getting T-Boned by a drunk driver going 55 in a 30 where I walk away from the wreck without injury. Another way, a case with 100,000 of damages and 100,000 of insurance is better than a case with 500,000 of damage and zero in insurance.

There is about a 99% chance that Bubu will pay more in prosecuting the action than he will actually get out of it. On behalf of the bar association, I'd like to thank Bubu for bringing this, but it's not a smart financial decision.
Clearing your name and proving(via monetary damages) that your accuser is a lying POS isn't perhaps worth the cost, considering this entire saga will come up for the rest of his life everytime somebody googles his name? I'd be happy to spend 50, 100k to do so.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
Clearing your name and proving(via monetary damages) that your accuser is a lying POS isn't perhaps worth the cost, considering this entire saga will come up for the rest of his life everytime somebody googles his name? I'd be happy to spend 50, 100k to do so.

Because once you clear your name, all the articles leading up to it disappear!!

CYKOFAN

Mar 27, 2006
Your reading comprehension is terrible. And there are some garbage players in the d league.

nothing will beat my buddy yelling out at bubu when he played the energy, "don't double team!" When he was on defense.

I never claimed to be too smart but my reading comprehension was good enough to get me thru ISU. And garbage players in the D-League? A lot of decent college players who couldn't make d-league teams might disagree with you.

CYVADER

Nov 16, 2006
Cornfields

If nothing will beat your buddy yelling that your life hasn't had much going for it.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006

This post is spot on.

Fact is, Bubu was a much better basketball player than most on here would ever admit. Fred was talking him up big time and expecting major contribution from him his senior year before all this went down.

And if I were him, and I felt like I did nothing wrong, you can sure bet I'd fight this to the end to protect my name. Who wouldn't?

And although it isn't the ONLY reason why Fred left, I think it was one of many. It surely couldn't have helped at all, that's for sure. Fred took the high ground on it, like he usually does, but I'm sure it ticked him off pretty good.

Nycclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 24, 2010
I think babu was a good player. If he wasn't, he wouldn't have made a pro team.

I also agree he thinks he did nothing wrong which is why he is doing what he can to protect his name.

I also can understand, however, why the victim feels as though she was a victim and why the mother, with the support of the university and b of r, is doing everything they can to fight the judges decision and appealed it.

I also agree with the courts that at this point all of this moot. And I think it would be best if all parties involved would look up the victims mom's first Name in the dictionary (grace) and let the definition sink deep into their souls. Cuz quite frankly, if all involved want true healing from the events that transpired, everyone involved at this point just needs to let it go.

This post is spot on.

Fact is, Bubu was a much better basketball player than most on here would ever admit. Fred was talking him up big time and expecting major contribution from him his senior year before all this went down.

And if I were him, and I felt like I did nothing wrong, you can sure bet I'd fight this to the end to protect my name. Who wouldn't?

And although it isn't the ONLY reason why Fred left, I think it was one of many. It surely couldn't have helped at all, that's for sure. Fred took the high ground on it, like he usually does, but I'm sure it ticked him off pretty good.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Bubu would have been a pretty good player if he could keep from falling down all the time when he drove the hoop.