wish bubu could play

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
Can we get some odds on who people will let go of sooner. Bubu or Dan McCarney?

Move on ............ nothing to see here.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Bubu has won yet another court decision in the saga. The Board of Regents had appealed the district court ruling that threw out university sanctions against Bubu and also questioned the credibility of the accuser.

Congrats to Bubu.

So what does this "win" for Bubu actually do for him? Can he sue the school because of their decision?

LawyerClone

Jul 28, 2012
Bubu has won yet another court decision in the saga. The Board of Regents had appealed the district court ruling that threw out university sanctions against Bubu and also questioned the credibility of the accuser.

Congrats to Bubu.

Bubu did not "win". The Court of Appeals chose not to hear the Regent's appeal because the matter was moot as Bubu is out of eligibility.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky

Congrats to Bubu.

he didn't win anything...

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010
Can we get some odds on who people will let go of sooner. Bubu or Dan McCarney?

Move on ............ nothing to see here.

People still talk about Dan McCarney? That's news to me.

So, people want to get into semantics about whether Bubu "won"? He sure as heck didn't lose today. Whether it was a procedural decision or not, I'm happy for him. And, I hope the victories keep coming.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky

So, people want to get into semantics about whether Bubu "won"? He sure as heck didn't lose today. Whether it was a procedural decision or not, I'm happy for him. And, I hope the victories keep coming.

There will be no more victories for him unless you're counting his nbdl team victories.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames

People still talking about Bubu? Thats news to me.

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010
There will be no more victories for him unless you're counting his nbdl team victories.

I'm pretty sure he's going to win his suit against the accusers since they were found to have tampered with evidence and further that the mother released her daughter's medical records to his first D-League team and to the corporate sponsors of that team in an effort to get Bubu released. So, that would be another victory.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
I'm pretty sure he's going to win his suit against the accusers since they were found to have tampered with evidence and further that the mother released her daughter's medical records to his first D-League team and to the corporate sponsors of that team in an effort to get Bubu released. So, that would be another victory.

So how have things been going for you, Bubu? Good?

LawyerClone

Jul 28, 2012

Define win. Lets say Bubu takes this to court and a jury goes nuts and gives him a million dollar verdict. There's no insurance to pay it and I'm going to go out on a limb and say the Defendant can't give ole Boobs a check. So he's left to collect on it. You know things that Bubu can't collect on? Their house (homestead), personal property including $1,000 cash, most jewelry, pensions, social security, alimony, child support, & a vehicle not to exceed $7,000. Oh and here's what you can take from their paycheck per year:

$12,000-$15,999: $400 garnished
$16,000-$23,999: $800
$24,000-$34,999: $1500
$35,000-$49,999: $2000
$50,000 or more: Not more than 10% of earnings

And that's before you pay a lawyer to collect it and the sheriff to go out and get it. So that million dollar judgment is going to get paid at a top end net rate of about $1400 per year if they're making 40k/year.

You know who is going to win though? Bubu's lawyer. He wasn't stupid enough to take this on contingency and he's going to get a boat load of publicity win or lose.

By the way, exactly what are Bubu's damages here? He's in the D-League which he's probably lucky to be in given his talent level. Has he been turned down for a job? His name has been cleared multiple times so, what exactly did not being on the basketball team for 9 months cost him in dollars and cents. And tell me how you not only got that number, but how that money is going to make it up to him.

Bubu may "win" but from a true net dollar standpoint he's throwing good money at bad.

Reactions: SwirlingFloater

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Define win. Lets say Bubu takes this to court and a jury goes nuts and gives him a million dollar verdict. There's no insurance to pay it and I'm going to go out on a limb and say the Defendant can't give ole Boobs a check. So he's left to collect on it. You know things that Bubu can't collect on? Their house (homestead), personal property including $1,000 cash, most jewelry, pensions, social security, alimony, child support, & a vehicle not to exceed $7,000. Oh and here's what you can take from their paycheck per year:

And that's before you pay a lawyer to collect it and the sheriff to go out and get it. So that million dollar judgment is going to get paid at a top end net rate of about $1400 per year if they're making 40k/year.

You know who is going to win though? Bubu's lawyer. He wasn't stupid enough to take this on contingency and he's going to get a boat load of publicity win or lose.

By the way, exactly what are Bubu's damages here? He's in the D-League which he's probably lucky to be in given his talent level. Has he been turned down for a job? His name has been cleared multiple times so, what exactly did not being on the basketball team for 9 months cost him in dollars and cents. And tell me how you not only got that number, but how that money is going to make it up to him.

Bubu may "win" but from a true net dollar standpoint he's throwing good money at bad.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 27

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Bubu probably thinks the defendants will be too horrified to go to trial. It's not like he's going to come out looking great on cross exam either.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky

So what's that got to do with Iowa State? As far as his issue with Iowa state, that book is closed...

i don't know why he'd want to play in the d league though. Working 40 hours a week at caseys pays more than a majority of the d-leaguers make.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006

You should have added a precious "signed most cases in the U.S." And it would have scored 10/10

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Seneca Wallace.

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006

What the H*** does him playing in the D league have to do with false evidence being manufactured?

And, "define win?" Perhaps you don't understand what "win his suit" means, so let me explain it in simple terms for you: the jury votes in his favor. And, maybe that means more to him at this point than a monetary benefit. Maybe that's how Bubu defines "win."

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
What the H*** does him playing in the D league have to do with false evidence being manufactured?

And, "define win?" Perhaps you don't understand what "win his suit" means, so let me explain it in simple terms for you: the jury votes in his favor. And, maybe that means more to him at this point than a monetary benefit. Maybe that's how Bubu defines "win."

swing and a miss.