wish bubu could play

ketelmeister

Oct 24, 2006
What new information about BuBu's case came out during the spring and summer? Even if there was something, wouldn't the appeals law judge have had this?

No, the judge did not receive the confidential information that Iowa State had, that is protected by law. If it goes to the judge, it becomes public. Iowa State had to defend itself without using the evidence they had. But at this point, it makes no difference.

CYKOFAN

Mar 27, 2006
No, the judge did not receive the confidential information that Iowa State had, that is protected by law. If it goes to the judge, it becomes public. Iowa State had to defend itself without using the evidence they had. But at this point, it makes no difference.

If ISU had additional information about the case that they could prove, how could the appeals law judge be expected to judge the case without all pertinent information? After all, this is the appeals process set up by ISU. And wouldn't not reporting this information to the county attorney open ISU up to a lawsuit from the girl (not to mention the legal consequences of withholding evidence in a criminal case)?

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006
If ISU had additional information about the case that they could prove, how could the appeals law judge be expected to judge the case without all pertinent information? After all, this is the appeals process set up by ISU. And wouldn't not reporting this information to the county attorney open ISU up to a lawsuit from the girl (not to mention the legal consequences of withholding evidence in a criminal case)?

FERPA makes educational records confidential. Not sure if the accuser was a student at the time.

cymac2408

Jul 4, 2013
Urbandale IA
Yes this is correct, it is called withholding information and it is illegal. The Story County Prosecutors had all relevant information at their disposal and chose not to prosecute. This says more about the case against Bubu than anything ketelmeister (or Mrs Leath) can ever try and explain.

cymac2408

Jul 4, 2013
Urbandale IA
Here we go again with the "there's something Leath knows that we don't" that was actually perpetuated by Leath in his interview with the media. Seems like we heard the same thing about Morgan when JP fired him, and there turned out to be nothing. If Leath knows something more about this case and hasn't told the county attorney, appeals law judge or district judge, don't you think it would be inviting a bigger lawsuit against ISU than we may already have? All we know for fact is that Leath reviewed the information provided from the county attorney and appeals law judge, who found the girl's story uncredible. That's all we know and any speculation beyond that is just more slander against BuBu.

CYKOFAN I don't know why you tabbed my quote with your information. I am 100% in agreement with your statement. Leath is responsible for the debacle of Bubu. I could go into detail of what my son has heard about the situation while attending ISU (senior), who knows some of the people involved. But this is hearsay evidence and it isn't admissible in court (or CF). It is an unfortunate situation. The thing that troubles me is that he was allowed to play last year and was hosed out of this year. Nothing changed from last year to this year as far as evidence, and if Leath is not bringing evidence forward. Than I would like to apologize to the young lady.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
that is protected by law.

Id like to see a citation on that law as youve repeated this multiple times. I can see a law against disseminating personal information to the public, but i just cant see it being prohibited by law to pass that information non-publicly to a court.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Remembered reading Bubu's twitter right after the WVirg road disaster. "smh". One rumor was he felt he should've played. Afterall, nobody that night could guard anyone. Would think that he and coach would've discussed before then whether 'any' game was going to be a possibility, so that rumor didn't makes sense to me. Assume by now that the answer is "not going to play". For us just throwing out opinions, I doubt its been totally CFH's decision. An experienced quick defender would be playing some minutes right now. Don't believe it has anything to do with Bubu's lack of helping the team. Sad story, one way or the other.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
I absolutely think that he could help the team. Wouldn't take much to be better than the bricks Naz and Thomas were throwing up Saturday. It's obvious that those two are not going to break out of their slumps this season. They're going to have a good game and then disappear for 4...like they have been. Bubu could at least defend and penetrate. That said, it doesn't really matter Obviously, FH's hands are tied.

Gnomeborg

Dec 24, 2008
I can't wait to start Bubu threads after every loss next year, too!

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Bubu really improves as a player every time there is one of these threads. I think he's like the sixth guy in the guard rotation and it's as simple as that.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Ya not sure why people magically think he'd become a well rounded player at 23 or whatever he is.

CYKOFAN

Mar 27, 2006
Bubu really improves as a player every time there is one of these threads. I think he's like the sixth guy in the guard rotation and it's as simple as that.

I think anybody that saw BuBu play in the cap city league two years ago and again last year has remarked about his improvement. His being voted mvp over guys like Mel, George, and all of our other players except Kane should tell you something. But even if BuBu didn't contribute any more than he did last year, we could sure use an experienced guard that plays good D and hits his free throws going into the tournaments.

CYKOFAN

Mar 27, 2006
CYKOFAN I don't know why you tabbed my quote with your information. I am 100% in agreement with your statement. Leath is responsible for the debacle of Bubu. I could go into detail of what my son has heard about the situation while attending ISU (senior), who knows some of the people involved. But this is hearsay evidence and it isn't admissible in court (or CF). It is an unfortunate situation. The thing that troubles me is that he was allowed to play last year and was hosed out of this year. Nothing changed from last year to this year as far as evidence, and if Leath is not bringing evidence forward. Than I would like to apologize to the young lady.

I think I mis-interpreted your statement about a "single leak and people would support Fred" to mean that if we knew what Leath did, we'd understand why Fred isn't playing BuBu. My mistake and I think I've heard some of the same things your son has about the situation from people who should know. I agree with you that if Leath is withholding information about this case that the county attorney and judges don't know about, he could get himself and ISU in a lot of trouble. That's one of the reasons why I'm just not buying it. I remember when Morgan was fired we were told to trust JP and that he knew things about Morgan that should get him fired. Turns out there was nothing and it just seems like a backhanded way to smear people.

psyclone51

Nov 6, 2011
I have followed the numerous threads on the Palo situation for a long time. They are an excellent example of group think taking over. One side "selects" so called facts that support their position. The other side does exactly the same thing. And for the most part, each side tries to discredit the other side with their own brand of the truth. The only TRUTH in this whole things is that no one here knows all the facts. Period. I am not criticizing anyone for posting on these threads, but from a distance most people would have to admit that it is much more about emotion than anything facts or truth.

Me? I'm like most posters. This horse died a long time ago; move on. Think what you want. But there are much more important issues right now with this team that in my mind bear discussion here.

CYKOFAN

Mar 27, 2006
I have followed the numerous threads on the Palo situation for a long time. They are an excellent example of group think taking over. One side "selects" so called facts that support their position. The other side does exactly the same thing. And for the most part, each side tries to discredit the other side with their own brand of the truth. The only TRUTH in this whole things is that no one here knows all the facts. Period. I am not criticizing anyone for posting on these threads, but from a distance most people would have to admit that it is much more about emotion than anything facts or truth.

Me? I'm like most posters. This horse died a long time ago; move on. Think what you want. But there are much more important issues right now with this team that in my mind bear discussion here.

Certainly there's some truth in what you say, but as long as BuBu is on the team and his case is still before the district court, I wouldn't call it a horse that died a long time ago. The op brought up it would be good if BuBu could play and that's especially relevant now that tournament time is almost here and BuBu was an important contributor to last year's NCAA team. And until we have more answers and BuBu has left ISU, it's going to be an issue, and an emotional one because of the way his case has been handled and the public statements made. I'm sure some wish it would go away.

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010
Bubu has won yet another court decision in the saga. The Board of Regents had appealed the district court ruling that threw out university sanctions against Bubu and also questioned the credibility of the accuser.

Congrats to Bubu.