Wisconsin QB tests positive for Covid

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
Lol man this is awesome seeing Nebraska fight with the big 10 and not ever get their way. Very similar to my toddler.

Where does Nebraska go next? Pac 12? American?

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
I don't see why people are freaking out about a 21 day protocol. . When you are dealing with student athletes I would want to be as careful as possible before bringing kids back.
Because we don't hold student athletes out for 21 days when they have the flu, which is more dangerous to people in the 18-22 year age group than covid19.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I don't see why people are freaking out about a 21 day protocol. . When you are dealing with student athletes I would want to be as careful as possible before bringing kids back.

A 21 day protocol when you've not built in make up days crosses out the ability to have football possibly for everybody and is bad planning. They got on board to play because they saw the other conferences going for it but planned backwards.

They chose to join in mid-September and could have had games starting two weeks from then, with bye weeks installed.

And it looks like teams/players don't typically need 21 days to be thorough for clearance, as other conferences haven't.

Now if a kid is still showing some negative signs via cardio tests etc., sure you absolutely hold them out, and even let them sit out the season to come back next season if it works out.

For the record, this isn't an endorsement one way or another for having football; just saying if the conference chose to play, an efficient plan was needed.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Now if a kid is still showing some negative signs via cardio tests etc., sure you absolutely hold them out, and even let them sit out the season to come back next season if it works out.
This is the key point. It wasn’t like any individual was going to be forced back into playing after 10 or 14 days. The ironclad 21 day thing is just idiotic. I’m beginning to think the b1g presidents wanted to fail.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
This is the key point. It wasn’t like any individual was going to be forced back into playing after 10 or 14 days. The ironclad 21 day thing is just idiotic. I’m beginning to think the b1g presidents wanted to fail.

They never wanted to play. This is an academic vs athletic battle of ego's.

The heart thing was pretty much disproved about a month after it came out, ie in the summer. So that's not a surprise that they aren't finding anything.

charlie_B

Mar 21, 2017
Have we thought about the possibility that Nebraska fans sent some people up to Madison to infect Wisconsin's football team? Maybe they thought the way to beat them was a forfeit.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
They never wanted to play. This is an academic vs athletic battle of ego's.

The heart thing was pretty much disproved about a month after it came out, ie in the summer. So that's not a surprise that they aren't finding anything.
I’m just glad to see they barely get one week of games under their belt and they’re back to being the laughingstock of the CFB world.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
“It’s like an unhappy marriage,” one Big Ten source said. “It doesn’t work. It doesn’t fit. Yet no one can afford or figure out how to divorce. So nothing is going to change.”

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Lineup and Acylum

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
I am so excited for the day a few weeks from now, when Ohio State has a game cancelled, and they are allowed to schedule a non-conference opponent.

• Haha
Reactions: LincolnSwinger

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
Living here in the Omaha area...they are going bonkers. Of course, COVID is running rampant here too...honestly just a matter of time until the 'skers catch the 'rona. They were viewing this as a true W as Whisky didn't have a viable QB.

• Winner
Reactions: Lineup

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Living here in the Omaha area...they are going bonkers. Of course, COVID is running rampant here too...honestly just a matter of time until the 'skers catch the 'rona. They were viewing this as a true W as Whisky didn't have a viable QB.
Give me Madison's best HS QB, place him on Sconnie, and I'd still take Sconnie.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Honest question though, doesn't the Big 12 have a rule where a team can't play if they have a position group just decimated by "rona? I mean would Wisc even be playing in the Big 12 this week? I thought there were minimum numbers required, and when looking at that QB room, I don't think they'd make it.

Neptune78

Aug 12, 2020
East of Neptune, IA.
Give me Madison's best HS QB, place him on Sconnie, and I'd still take Sconnie.

Or they could have just went wildcat all game.

Thought it was interesting that the local Madison TV broadcast made no mention of Cryst and five other coaches testing positive. Interviewed Barry and he didn't say anything about it either.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

They should watch the game from 2017 (?) when Wisky ran it just about every down in the 4th quarter.

That was with Horningbrook who was also not a viable QB.