ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Sep 12, 2020; Ames, Iowa, USA; Iowa State Cyclones running back Breece Hall (28) celebrates with his teammates after scoring against the Louisiana-Lafayette Ragin Cajuns at Jack Trice Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Reese Strickland-USA TODAY Sports

Rule No. 1 that I try to remember each and every moment while covering the Cyclones for you guys but admittedly sometimes fail at: Never be overly emotional. Too much emotion breeds sloppiness when it comes to capturing proper perspective on the event and human beings that we are chronicling. 

The great Eric Heft taught me a lesson almost a decade ago. It was towards the beginning of the Hoiberg era, perhaps that Royce White team. I don’t really remember. But Heft came on a radio show I was hosting where I asked him if the night’s game was a “must-win.”

“I never call things a must-win because what happens if you lose?” Heft wisely said. 

He’s right, you know? If Iowa State loses to TCU on Saturday, which is...

Continue reading...

cyched44

May 22, 2016
What a bunch a BS! Nice creative writing but just a message board post. I'm sorry, no disrespect, but everyone gets their hopes up, only to be let down. Let's all keep Cyclone sports in perspective, and hope for wins!

Neptune78

Aug 12, 2020
East of Neptune, IA.
Enjoyed the write-up.
But I have to say (as someone who worked for an ice cream company for 10 years) the rainbow sherbet analogy wasn't what I would have gone with. We don't want an offense that melts too fast. Give me some Chunky Monkey.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Enjoyed the write-up.
But I have to say (as someone who worked for an ice cream company for 10 years) the rainbow sherbet analogy wasn't what I would have gone with. We don't want an offense that melts too fast. Give me some Chunky Monkey.

This is the insight I come to CF for

• Funny
Reactions: t-noah

MrPeske

Apr 11, 2006
downtown Des Moines
Opening up the play book. I think CMC is a conservative play disciple, he doesnt like to open it up, only does when were are being. Typically they open it up or after half time, sometimes not until the 4th qtr... Its not what I like but I dont get to choose. #TrustTheProcess

Help Support Us

Become a patron