Williams/Blum Pod: Weekly quarantine update, 2017 Liberty bowl look-back, mailbag questions

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
first reply. The 2017 Liberty Bowl was a lot better than the 2012 Liberty Bowl.
I still want a bowl where we woodshed a Pac12 team.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Jerry Lawler and CW shaking hands.jpg

Great night. A CycloneFanatic.com all-time highlight.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
@brentblum please say more about what it might look like to have only 20,000 people at Jack Trice Stadium per game.

Alternate every third row for 3 games?

If we follow the six-foot rule, we need to go in each direction which could mean a 1/9 ratio (not 1/3).

brentblum

Administrator
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2007
@brentblum please say more about what it might look like to have only 20,000 people at Jack Trice Stadium per game.

Alternate every third row for 3 games?

If we follow the six-foot rule, we need to go in each direction which could mean a 1/9 ratio (not 1/3).
Appreciate the question! No idea how it may work for Iowa State, if at all. I just have heard it hypothetically talked about across all of sports as a possible scenario. So much unknown clearly.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Appreciate the question! No idea how it may work for Iowa State, if at all. I just have heard it hypothetically talked about across all of sports as a possible scenario. So much unknown clearly.
Every thing about any kind of that situation will be nothing but a enormous mess. I do not envy Pollard.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008

I think the situation is very possible, but it would be a logistical nightmare for Iowa State (and really any other school). I can't imagine the ******** there would be if someone got separated from their group. For example, I have a single ticket a row ahead of the people that I go to games with (bought separately from theirs), I assume that Iowa State would not necessarily have us going to the same games. And I can imagine that trying to keep students 6 feet apart would be impossible.

But---if that is how I get to see games this fall, I will GLADLY take it. I'm just glad I don't have to figure it out :)

GetAwesome

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 29, 2010
Cedar Falls, IA
I WILL NOT SIT HERE AND LISTEN TO YOU BAD MOUTH COOL RANCH DORITOS
Did you see they now have "MORE COOL RANCH Flavor"?

I don't approve, because it's leveling the odds and killing the game in our household to find the cool ranch chip in the bag with the most cool ranch seasoning.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Did you see they now have "MORE COOL RANCH Flavor"?

I don't approve, because it's leveling the odds and killing the game in our household to find the cool ranch chip in the bag with the most cool ranch seasoning.

One of the simple pleasures in life is finding this chip in each bag

798.jpg

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Really good podcast, it's pretty obvious that Blum and CW have been friends for a long time.

Ok, because I'm bored and I am that guy, best CF podcast team? I think I need to hear a CW, Blum, and Jeff Woody Podcast.

Blum and CW (my vote I think)
Woody and Jay Jordan
Title IX
Jared and Jeff
Fitzy and Jared
others I may have forgotten, sorry

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Really good podcast, it's pretty obvious that Blum and CW have been friends for a long time.

Ok, because I'm bored and I am that guy, best CF podcast team? I think I need to hear a CW, Blum, and Jeff Woody Podcast.

Blum and CW (my vote I think)
Woody and Jay Jordan
Title IX
Jared and Jeff
Fitzy and Jared
others I may have forgotten, sorry

If making a poll, it needs to include Mark Charter, the most polarizing CF podcaster.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
If making a poll, it needs to include Mark Charter, the most polarizing CF podcaster.

I enjoyed the FAWcast. certainly could have included them. Lots of personalities over the years.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010

Whew....and then imagine the isle management (meeting on the steps)...that person that's annoying now coming/going all the time...even more annoying! But then again, the seating is pointless if tailgating continues as is (granted, ISU can control tickets/seating, etc) but the germ damage would be done pre-kick.

And if it rolls into basketball, how will they manage the concourse standers in the last 5 minutes of games? LOL

Reactions: brentblum

GetAwesome

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 29, 2010
Cedar Falls, IA
I've been keeping a bottle of Longbranch in stock since it rolled out early 2018. It is fantastic. The little added smokiness from the usual profile of the Turkey 101 or Russell's Reserve is a nice touch.

Full disclosure: I'm a Wild Turkey homer through and through. When it's not single malt scotch, it's strictly Kentucky bourbon for me, and Jimmy and Eddie Russell can do no wrong.

Longbranch, a gift to our palates from our favorite M.o.C., baby.

matthew-mcconaughey1.jpg