Williams & Blum Pod: Blood out west, Tyrese Hunter's tweet and more

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
To be fair he was responding to a video that he clearly took as a shot at him. But ya definitely not the worst you’ll see on Twitter but cyclone fans are better than that.
I mean, no one ever actually said his name. Gabe just said he was looking forward to playing Texas the most. And no one actually tweeted it at Hunter either. Extremely light on the disrespect scale. He's going pretty far out of his way to respond to this and start something.

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
It's not really that bad, but nobody actually tweeted at him or even mentioned him by name specifically so he kind of went out of his way to start this. Predictably ISU fans are really giving him the business now.

Can someone translate what Tyrese said? I really can't tell if that's a compliment or an insult or what.

mark82

Jun 19, 2006
Enjoy!

Hey Blum,

Since you seem to like to throw shade on Alanis Morisette:

Alanis Morissete won the Grammy for Best Album in 1996. If my info is correct she won 4 Grammys that year.

The album was turned into a rock musical in 2017 which won 15 Tony Award nominations. Gagged Little Pill is listed as one of the 500 best albums of all time.

(Side note, Seal won the Grammy for record of the year, Kiss from a Rose, one of my favorites.)

Try to keep up Blum. :)

• Winner
Reactions: brentblum

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Can someone translate what Tyrese said? I really can't tell if that's a compliment or an insult or what.
It means "free smoke", which translated to old white dude basically means "bring it on". The zipper mouth emoji is telling him to quit talking, even though no one really said much of anything.

• Creative
Reactions: Aclone

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
It means "free smoke", which translated to old white dude basically means "bring it on". The zipper mouth emoji is telling him to quit talking, even though no one really said much of anything.

I feel so ******* old. Figured it was him passing wind (farting) or some ****.

• Haha
  • Funny
Reactions: Aclone and MJ29

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

And is it really all that serious or just a little summer banter since so many players know one another.

I was an advocate for Gabe but Tyrese could cut a lot deeper if he really wanted to go after Gabe's game or something.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
And is it really all that serious or just a little summer banter since so many players know one another.

I was an advocate for Gabe but Tyrese could cut a lot deeper if he really wanted to go after Gabe's game or something.
I would guess more on the banter side of things but who knows. ISU fans were already looking for any reason to go after him and he provided it. Maybe he's looking for motivation.

StPaulCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Duh!
I couldn’t figure out what Enaruna mean with his post, had help too.

Was Tre Jackson supporting hunter or wish him luck wit his tweet?

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa

Maybe I am getting old, but in the world of trash talking, that seems like about a 3/100

helechopper

Loyal Son Forever True
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2006
Chicago
How much did Hunter get paid to transfer to horns down anyway? Anyone know?

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Maybe I am getting old, but in the world of trash talking, that seems like about a 3/100
All if it was pretty weak smack, but he had to know if he gave ISU fans any reason at all to come after him they would in full force.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
If Gabe is guarding Hunter, he’s not scoring double figures. Actually if Williams is guarding him, he probably still isn’t.

swiacy

Apr 9, 2009
The class that TJ just signed and the freshmen this year make Hunter's transfer a non-issue in my view. Ty played tough defense but could get our of control on drives and was a below average 3 shooter. He had an all time shooters night and total performance against Wisconsin which really thrust him on to the national spotlight which culminated in his shot at big money. He did the right thing and listened to whoever he trusts and took the money. I doubt he is an NBA player because of his size and lack of a shooters touch. Congrats to him for what he did as a Clone and his decision to cash in while he is a hot commodity. Welcome to NIL and modern college basketball in a wild west transfer era.

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
Gabe seemed super motivated to play Texas last year because of his former teammate at Minnesota, Marcus Carr. There seemed to be bad blood I thought. I assumed that was what he was talking about in the video, but Hunter obviously thought otherwise.

singsing

Nov 2, 2007
I ask myself would Tyrese **** off if Texas beats ISU..I believe he would so give him hell when he comes back to Ames.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
The class that TJ just signed and the freshmen this year make Hunter's transfer a non-issue in my view. Ty played tough defense but could get our of control on drives and was a below average 3 shooter. He had an all time shooters night and total performance against Wisconsin which really thrust him on to the national spotlight which culminated in his shot at big money. He did the right thing and listened to whoever he trusts and took the money. I doubt he is an NBA player because of his size and lack of a shooters touch. Congrats to him for what he did as a Clone and his decision to cash in while he is a hot commodity. Welcome to NIL and modern college basketball in a wild west transfer era.
Good points, all. You know, since players never improve from year to year.