Will we win another game this year without Park starting?

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
Kempt already has as many wins against Big 12 teams as Park. Not saying he is a better QB but he can obviously do enough to help them win games.

They are going to be favorites against Baylor and the Tech, WVU and KSU games should all be close. I think FPI gives ISU a 40 something percent chance to win at WVU and at KSU. And they have played OSU tough several times but have been unable to close games out against them. This seems like a different team though.

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
I think for teams like Tech and OSU, Park would be the better quarterback as he has a more gunslinger mentality. But for the other games, I think Kempt will be fine.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Not sure. If the staff continues to push the right buttons and get the team to improve and step up in Park's absence, most likely. Having teams fail to make adjustments like OU (thanks, Mike) and play poorly like KU would go along ways, too.

Few teams are completely in control of their remaining games. In other words, I hope we have our bad day(s) for when our opponent is having a great day. If we have our good games for when the opponent has a poor game we can beat anyone.

IlliniCy

May 21, 2008
*opens this thread*
tenor.gif

NewClone09

Jan 7, 2009
Ames, IA
Kempt won’t be here next year and Park would be. Everyone should want him back ASAP. Not to mention Park has the higher ceiling/arm ability. Been enjoyable watching kempt but with a couple games on tape, he shouldn’t be too hard to gameplan for.

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
Kempt won’t be here next year and Park would be. Everyone should want him back ASAP. Not to mention Park has the higher ceiling/arm ability. Been enjoyable watching kempt but with a couple games on tape, he shouldn’t be too hard to gameplan for.

What does this have to do with who plays remaining games?

And it probably should read '...Park might be.'

Everyone should want Campbell to play the lineup that gives us the best chance to win. He has done that the last 2 weeks. I trust he will do it the remaining games.

NewClone09

Jan 7, 2009
Ames, IA
What does this have to do with who plays remaining games?

And it probably should read '...Park might be.'

Everyone should want Campbell to play the lineup that gives us the best chance to win. He has done that the last 2 weeks. I trust he will do it the remaining games.

It has to do with the fact that arguably every position group other than the secondary will improve next year and if we don’t have Park, likely none of that matters. And Park gives us a better chance to win, not writing him off for one bad performance. I realize he’s going to need time so not suggesting to play him immediately if/when he gets back.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Is there a line for starting the daily Park vs. Kempt thread? If not, I call starting tomorrows.

• Funny
Reactions: aauummm

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron