Will this be Fred Hoiberg's last year at the Chicago Bulls?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

EarthIsMan

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 23, 2014
Earth
It is futile to argue who is/was the better coach. Hoiberg was perfect for the situation ISU MBB was in then, and Prohm seems pretty perfect for what ISU needs now.
82EE46CD-13D4-485A-9F51-DF75BFED8E21.jpeg
Let’s just stop this Prohm vs Hoiberg disccusion....the argument goes nowhere

FredCyclone

Sep 30, 2017
You’re leaving me no choice but to question your ability to reason.

Under Fred, the team was seeded #3 twice, under Prohm the team was seeded #4. Back to back big 12 championships. Prohm One. Fewer regular season wins and postseason wins under Prohm.

But I am optimistic Prohm will beat Eustachys record if he keeps up with the recruiting and becoming a better coach.

• Funny
Reactions: FinalFourCy

FredCyclone

Sep 30, 2017
It is futile to argue who is/was the better coach. Hoiberg was perfect for the situation ISU MBB was in then, and Prohm seems pretty perfect for what ISU needs now.
View attachment 51910
Let’s just stop this Prohm vs Hoiberg disccusion....the argument goes nowhere

Fred who had never coached, turned around a program that was in the sewer in one year. Handed a well established program with brand recognition to Prohm. Left behind enough talent for Prohm to take it to the next level.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Fred who had never coached, turned around a program that was in the sewer in one year. Handed a well established program with brand recognition to Prohm. Left behind enough talent for Prohm to take it to the next level.
Fred did a great job rebuilding the program, no one is arguing against that. Once his stock blew up from doing that, he was his own worst enemy. The coach you have in your head ceased to exist.

FredCyclone

Sep 30, 2017
Fred did a great job rebuilding the program, no one is arguing against that. Once his stock blew up from doing that, he was his own worst enemy. The coach you have in your head ceased to exist.

Four straight NCAA tournaments under Fred, in Prohms third year, we will not make the tournament.

Sucks that we did not have the money to afford him and give him a massive contract. If we had, the program would have continued to grow and gone deep in march. I think Fred would have eventually got the 4 & 5 star recruits from High School.

All that is in the past, I believe in Prohm, lets see what happens.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Four straight NCAA tournaments under Fred, in Prohms third year, we will not make the tournament.

Sucks that we did not have the money to afford him and give him a massive contract. If we had, the program would have continued to grow and gone deep in march. I think Fred would have eventually got the 4 & 5 star recruits from High School.

Did you notice Fred’s low NBA buyout? Fred’s salary isn’t what killed recruiting, it was Fred himself. That doesn’t improve even if we had paid him more than the Bulls.

Fred would not have made the tournament this year. Perhaps he got out before he had to face the music of his refusal to recruit. Both Fred and Prohm share blame for this being a down year.

FredCyclone

Sep 30, 2017
Did you notice Fred’s low NBA buyout? Fred’s salary isn’t what killed recruiting, it was Fred himself. That doesn’t improve even if we had paid him more than the Bulls.

Fred would not have made the tournament this year. Perhaps he got out before he had to face the music of his refusal to recruit. Both Fred and Prohm share blame for this being a down year.

If we had the Money to afford Fred, would you let him go and hire Prohm. I would not have.

Fred left, because he knew ISU would not pay him what he deserves, because Jamie kept saying after his first contract increase, this is the most we can afford. I bet after contract negotiations he was discouraged which showed in the recruiting. So he made sure to have the NBA clause, because they ended up paying him.

• Funny
  • Creative
Reactions: flycy and NWICY

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames

Just ******* stop.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
If we had the Money to afford Fred, would you let him go and hire Prohm. I would not have.

Fred left, because he knew ISU would not pay him what he deserves, because Jamie kept saying after his first contract increase, this is the most we can afford. I bet after contract negotiations he was discouraged which showed in the recruiting. So he made sure to have the NBA clause, because they ended up paying him.

Pretty sure money wasn't the issue for Fred. I like the axe you want to grind though.

• Winner
Reactions: flycy and bos

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017

Let’s put it this way, I wouldn’t have wanted JP to match the Bulls offer even if we could . I have enough confidence in the program to think we don’t need to pay that much for a guy that had stopped recruiting and was willing to string along ISU. The coach you have manufactured in your head left by 2014.

Yes, give me Prohm. And Fred didn’t leave because of money.

• Agree
Reactions: flycy and CycloneCJ

FredCyclone

Sep 30, 2017
Let’s put it this way, I wouldn’t have wanted JP to match the Bulls offer even if we could . I have enough confidence in the program to think we don’t need to pay that much for a guy that had stopped recruiting and was willing to string along ISU. The coach you have manufactured in your head left by 2014.

Yes, give me Prohm. And Fred didn’t leave because of money.

So once he stopped caring, he won 28 games and a big 12 championship , then followed it up with another big 12 championship and a number #3 Seed. HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

• Funny
  • Agree
Reactions: flycy and kbud

xr4ticlone

Oct 1, 2006
Texas
My brother was on deans list

He wasn't staying here for $10 million a year. He wanted NBA challenge & I think out of Ames to get away from the spotlight.

I've heard he pursued the MN college job more than anyone appreciated at the time. I think that was a lot about getting out of the spotlight & back to friends in MN...buyout probably killed that more than Fred. Also his NBA dreams.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
So once he stopped caring, he won 28 games and a big 12 championship , then followed it up with another big 12 championship and a number #3 Seed. HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
It’s as though you don’t realize scholarships are more than one year.

Why are you mentioning 2013-14? Yes, 2014-15 was a good year, although I don’t recall Prohm choking like Fred did that year. It was probably tough to get the team to focus when you’re distracted yourself.

isu83

May 5, 2010
Both Fred and Prohm were and are top tier college coaches. I love Fred more than any coach ever at ISU. The situation at the Bulls just has too many hurdles to expect any coach to overcome. Heck, even the great Calipari failed at the Pro level (note sarcasm). Prohm is proving he is just as capable as Fred. Too bad for ISU Fred had other aspirations that didn't include ISU. And that is not a slight towards Prohm. The both of them represent (ed) ISU admirably. In Fred's defense his record was just plain unreal. But, here we are. Prohm is the guy.

Reactions: istater7

CycloneRulzzz

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Bulls just lost to Warriors by 49 points. GS scored 143 points most points given up by Bulls since Nov. 1990. :)

GS was sitting Green and Durant to add to the embarrassment factor.

• Winner
Reactions: CyBobby

FredCyclone

Sep 30, 2017
Both Fred and Prohm were and are top tier college coaches. I love Fred more than any coach ever at ISU. The situation at the Bulls just has too many hurdles to expect any coach to overcome. Heck, even the great Calipari failed at the Pro level (note sarcasm). Prohm is proving he is just as capable as Fred. Too bad for ISU Fred had other aspirations that didn't include ISU. And that is not a slight towards Prohm. The both of them represent (ed) ISU admirably. In Fred's defense his record was just plain unreal. But, here we are. Prohm is the guy.

Prohm's recruiting game is really good. He is still a very young coach and I think he can eventually take the program over the Hill. This is year is a pass, but I want to see what he can do the next few years, maybe an elite eight or Tie for a regular season championship.

MilehighClone

Sep 14, 2007
He might not make it to New Years at this rate. They’ve checked out on Fred. He’s had enough success that he will always have a HC job if he wants one, but I wonder if he will ever be able to have the same success as he had here. If that becomes the case, he will have followed Tim Floyd’s career to a T.

FredCyclone

Sep 30, 2017
He might not make it to New Years at this rate. They’ve checked out on Fred. He’s had enough success that he will always have a HC job if he wants one, but I wonder if he will ever be able to have the same success as he had here. If that becomes the case, he will have followed Tim Floyd’s career to a T.

I wonder if he becomes a GM.

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls

Isnt Prohm currently getting 4 and 5 star recruits?

• Agree
Reactions: NetflixAndClone