Will the Blue Bloods go down?

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
I am thinking they will get minor penalties. They will use a couple coaches as Sacrificial lambs. Kansas will be fine. Guessing Auburn, Arizona, and Okie State will take the brunt of it.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-b...21/6-schools-notified-serious-ncaa-violations

Kansas will be fine; even that sleazy asst Townsend - who pretty much was on transcript talking to Adidas - will be saved a job.

I predict Level 1 violations will go to: Zona and Louisville. Probably get no post-season and a couple scholly reductions.
Kansas will probably get one scholly reduction. What really sucks: nobody will care by the time the season starts.

Reactions: riceville98

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Kansas will be fine; even that sleazy asst Townsend - who pretty much was on transcript talking to Adidas - will be saved a job.

I predict Level 1 violations will go to: Zona and Louisville. Probably get no post-season and a couple scholly reductions.
Kansas will probably get one scholly reduction. What really sucks: nobody will care by the time the season starts.

My favorite is when they hit mid season, find out the team sucks, then try and do the old "We are holding ourselves out of post season" routine and we are self punishing ourselves. Ummm No. Your team sucks this year, you have no chance at a Title and next years team is loaded. Yet, The NCAA always goes for it.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Also, is there anything less shocking than seeing Bruce Pearl and Auburn being on the list? I mean really at what point does the NCAA just say, alright Auburn, you have to quit paying players in every sport. It's ridiculous.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
They will pick 6 less blue blood ish schools and make an example. KU, DUKE and UK will remain unscathed.
Or they will pick the six schools that had actionable evidence in the FBI trials: Arizona, Louisville, LSU, Auburn, NC State and USC.

Edit... Okie State replaces Louisville on my list. And I forgot about Oregon. They also came up in the FBI investigation multiple times.

Last edited:

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Unless you consider some school with a name like Southeastern Mid-Kentucky State, that they WILL penalize to make an example, as a blue blood, then no, nothing will happen.

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
The NCAA isn’t touching these blue blood programs yet they throw BYU on probation, take a scholly away, vacate wins all because a kid took some concert and amusement park tickets and borrowed a boosters car.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
The NCAA isn’t touching these blue blood programs yet they throw BYU on probation, take a scholly away, vacate wins all because a kid took some concert and amusement park tickets and borrowed a boosters car.

Truth. Pretty much encapsulates the NCAA's combo platter of corruption and incompetence.

Now that they took care of dirty BYU they can focus on important stuff like where the three-point line should be. :rolleyes:

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Trying to recruit Jesus to help our team. Absolutely falls under impermissible benefits.
Remember NCAA...

tenor.gif

Too much?

Cyclones423

Dec 30, 2009
Des Moines, IA
All this BS is causing me to lose interest in college basketball fast. It's sad because it used to be my favorite sport, but I'm at a point where my cynicism is maxed out. Cheaters prosper. There really haven't been any meaningful consequences for anyone outside of Pitino losing his job. What a joke.