Will Rico Gathers be suspended?

Spam

May 21, 2008
Re: Will Rico Gaithers be suspended?

That doesn't deserve a one game suspension.

CyStalker

Jul 16, 2012
Ankeny

I doubt it, but I would have to guess the refs will have an eye on him which doesn't hurt.

UraMallas

Jan 9, 2013

Missed that, what happened?
Stone palmed a dude's head that was lying on the ground and pushed it against the floor hard. I wouldn't say a SLAM but it was hard. I can't believe he wasn't ejected. Rico's is tame in comparison.

Last edited:

CyStalker

Jul 16, 2012
Ankeny

Stone palmed a dude's head that was laying on the ground and pushed it against the floor hard. I wouldn't say a SLAM but it was hard. I can't believe he wasn't ejected. Rico's is tame in comparison.

WOW!! I would think that the conference will review that play and issue a punishment. Sounds bad.

smitchix

Apr 17, 2006
He should be. I don't care if it wasn't a fist...a ridiculous cheap shot that could have easily hurt someone.

If the league doesn't take action, all big men take note that "this type of non play on the ball where you try to hurt a guy with a shot to the face is OK because you are frustrated that your team is getting it's *** kicked."

Rico Gathers Sr....oh I'll bet he's just a mature, wonderful dad. Goodness.

Spam

May 21, 2008
He should be. I don't care if it wasn't a fist...a ridiculous cheap shot that could have easily hurt someone.

If the league doesn't take action, all big men take note that "this type of non play on the ball where you try to hurt a guy with a shot to the face is OK because you are frustrated that your team is getting it's *** kicked."

Yeah, I kind of doubt that...

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha

Stone palmed a dude's head that was lying on the ground and pushed it against the floor hard. I wouldn't say a SLAM but it was hard. I can't believe he wasn't ejected. Rico's is tame in comparison.
It was terrible

Freebird

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
The guy he hit in the face had to get stitches.

HornacekFan1414

Nov 9, 2014
Frisco, TX
I watched the Diamond Stone foul love and was shocked he was not tossed.

What is the rule on a flagrant 2? Do they review and if held up as a F2, is he automatically suspended?

ProhmanEmpire

Mar 28, 2014
Atlanta, Ga
Personally I think it would be ridiculous if he got suspended... From that angle looks like he was going to smack the ball and the guy just moved the ball?? Must be missing something don't see how that's even a F2

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids