Will ISU change their mind on fans in the stands?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
Attendance update

I wonder if that's truly the number "allowed" or if that's all the season ticket holders that remain. IIRC Pollard said that even though they announced 25K for Louisiana, they thought natural attrition would bring that closer to 20K. I can imagine the attrition has accelerated since then.

Reactions: bozclone

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Although the CDC has lost a lot of credibility under this administration, these changes will certainly hurt the possibilities of fans.

Outside, 6ft spacing between pods of people, and masks, still sounds pretty safe after reading that article.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I'm expecting JP to go with 15,000.
Depending on how many have opted out another possibility would be to go with all remaining season ticket holders.

This is what JP basically said on the call in show tonite.

• Informative
Reactions: Aclone

CyclonesRock

Jan 1, 2018
Iowa
A question for all of the chicken little, sky is falling crowd. Which do you believe...

That Sturgis was a superspreader event that the "National Media" says caused 250,000 new cases

OR

Health officials that say 260 cases have been traced back to attendees at the event?

IMO outdoor events carry very low risk, the 260 probably can be traced back to being inside at the bars.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
A question for all of the chicken little, sky is falling crowd. Which do you believe...

That Sturgis was a superspreader event that the "National Media" says caused 250,000 new cases

OR

Health officials that say 260 cases have been traced back to attendees at the event?

IMO outdoor events carry very low risk, the 260 probably can be traced back to being inside at the bars.

Probably somewhere in the middle.

260 is way too low, those are just the ones that are *directly* linked, and given our national tracing is piss poor if theyve identified that many there's likely a multiple of that that actually occurred. On the other end, the 250k seems way too high based on what else we know, and from what i've read the methodology on that 250k study was rather questionable.

Honestly, i think if ISU does 15k next weekend (as it is looking) they'll probably be just fine when you combine the 25% capacity with it being outdoors. I'd worry a bit about those in the club section though, that was pretty full when they released that seating chart at 25k fans, and that retains a lot of the indoor disadvantages.

CYTruck

Jan 3, 2010
I never received a seating chart. when was that sent out?

Probably somewhere in the middle.

260 is way too low, those are just the ones that are *directly* linked, and given our national tracing is piss poor if theyve identified that many there's likely a multiple of that that actually occurred. On the other end, the 250k seems way too high based on what else we know, and from what i've read the methodology on that 250k study was rather questionable.

Honestly, i think if ISU does 15k next weekend (as it is looking) they'll probably be just fine when you combine the 25% capacity with it being outdoors. I'd worry a bit about those in the club section though, that was pretty full when they released that seating chart at 25k fans, and that retains a lot of the indoor disadvantages.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
They would be better off letting students in then anyone from our county. Been between 12-22% since the county fair (which is mostly outdoors but with lots of alcohol consumption) even with schools on hybrid all year. Probably would be anarchy if Kim shut down our bars.

I am sure in the interest of money, plenty of geezers will be able to attend, probably in the fancy indoor suites.

I pity the CSC workers if they have to attempt to enforce mask requirements.

I prefer the way Notre Dame did it with students, staff, player families, but ISU needs the money more.

Reactions: CycloneErik

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
They would be better off letting students in then anyone from our county. Been between 12-22% since the county fair (which is mostly outdoors but with lots of alcohol consumption) even with schools on hybrid all year. Probably would be anarchy if Kim shut down our bars.

I am sure in the interest of money, plenty of geezers will be able to attend, probably in the fancy indoor suites.

I pity the CSC workers if they have to attempt to enforce mask requirements.

I prefer the way Notre Dame did it with students, staff, player families, but ISU needs the money more.

Notre Dame postponing their game this weekend I guess. 7 players tested positive.

• Wow
  • Informative
Reactions: Aclone and NWICY

FarmClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 3, 2009
I emailed and asked. They told me I do have tickets and they will let me know later this week the down low................hopefully they said.

Did they give anything more specific than that? The gf and I have kept ours. Hoping like hell they let everyone who kept tickets in.

• Agree
Reactions: flycy

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
I guess I am like a lot of ISU fans waiting for an email to see if we are getting in or should we roll over our seats to next year.
I hate the idea of no tailgating, but want to see them in person. I am torn between making the drive up and going to the games or just saying "screw it", roll the tickets over and wait for next year.

Reactions: CycloneDaddy

Hoggins

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 2, 2019
I just don’t get it this. This season isn’t really college football. Why even bother going? You can’t tailgate. You can’t see friends/family. The stadium experience is a joke of its former self. And you might get really, really sick. Plus you can have the exact same viewing experience at home, if not better!

Why do you people wanna go so bad? To watch unpaid athletes be used for a university pay day? Can someone honestly defend this ****?

Frankly, this season kind of disgusts me.

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
I just don’t get it this. This season isn’t really college football. Why even bother going? You can’t tailgate. You can’t see friends/family. The stadium experience is a joke of its former self. And you might get really, really sick. Plus you can have the exact same viewing experience at home, if not better!

Why do you people wanna go so bad? To watch unpaid athletes be used for a university pay day? Can someone honestly defend this ****?

Frankly, this season kind of disgusts me.
People have been worried that this season will expedite fans staying home but I can say it’s done the opposite for me. Watching the game on tv was fine and all and better than nothing but I really missed being there. We generally aren’t even tailgaters.

I also don’t feel that unsafe going with precautions. At least not more unsafe than I do going to the grocery store.

If you want to go complain about athletes being paid go do that elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron