Will ISU change their mind on fans in the stands?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

c.y.c.l.o.n.e.s

Feb 21, 2007
Well - I agree with you. This should not be a surprise, nor should it have taken the CDC so long to acknowledge it.

And yet today the WHO says nothing has changed and the CDC is working to retract the statement.

The World Health Organization has not changed its policy on aerosol transmission of the coronavirus, it said on Monday after U.S. health officials published draft new guidance by mistake warning that it can spread through airborne particles.

Mike Ryan, executive director of the UN agency's emergencies programme, said he would follow up with the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in the next 24 hours after it said COVID-19 could spread through airborne particles that can remain suspended in the air and travel beyond six feet.

"Certainly we haven't seen any new evidence and our position on this remains the same," he said in a briefing.

The CDC said a draft version of changes to its recommendations were posted in error on its website while it was in the process of updating its guidance.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
This is an important fact that won't get the respect it deserves.

I want to say Notre Dame is limiting it to only students, faculty, staff, etc., plus some family. I think it probably makes sense to limit it to those who you have some semblance of control over, rather than the public at large.

Busch__Latte

Sep 17, 2020
I'll bet if you call Athletics and tell them you aren't comfortable going to games this year they will still delay your tickets to next year.
They are student tickets, I would want a refund. I'm guessing I am late on that.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Of course JP is pushing for fans. He probably needs to be pushing more for Iowans to wear masks and social distance if he really wants fans though. Iowa continues to be a total disaster with Covid.... and as long as that is the case, JP will have a tough time making his case.
Why? Who gives a rat’s puckered behind? The only thing that matters is if the people in the stands are wearing masks and social distancing.

Jamie has no control over people across the State of Iowa. He does within the confines of Jack Trice Stadium.

Social distancing and mask wearing. Concepts, BTW that OU’s students apparently are having problems grasping. Our students had better not.

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
And yet today the WHO says nothing has changed and the CDC is working to retract the statement.

https://news.trust.org/item/2020092...in the process of updating its guidance.[/I]
Glad the CDC remains a well functi...09/21/cdc-covid-aerosols-airborne-guidelines/

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Cases on campus don't mean much, unless you're just going to only allow students in?

People come from all over the state to the football games.... none come from on campus.... except students.

We get it, you don't want to go, so just don't go. Some of us want to go, if we all follow JP's rules while at the game then there shouldn't be any issues or outbreaks.

Last edited:

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
We get it, you don't want to go, so just don't go. Some of us want to go, if we all follow JP's rules while at the game then there shouldn't be any issues or outbreaks.

Yeah I'm all for caution and all but if people aren't stupid their time at a football game would be about the same as if they went to a park, probably with more restrictions.

Jack Trice itself has an advantage of all of the outdoor common spaces and entrance/exit points. If people are spaced out enough and aren't screaming/sneezing/coughing directly toward or on others then the risk is likely low.

I DO think encouragement of getting a swab a few days after is a good idea just to make sure but I'm in the mindset that it should be a regular occurrence anyway.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
How many times are they going to reverse what they say? It's very confusing to follow.

As many times as they're told. Watch what worked in every other country and it's not confusing at all.

• Dumb
Reactions: Cyclonesrule91

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Yeah I'm all for caution and all but if people aren't stupid their time at a football game would be about the same as if they went to a park, probably with more restrictions.

Jack Trice itself has an advantage of all of the outdoor common spaces and entrance/exit points. If people are spaced out enough and aren't screaming/sneezing/coughing directly toward or on others then the risk is likely low.

I DO think encouragement of getting a swab a few days after is a good idea just to make sure but I'm in the mindset that it should be a regular occurrence anyway.

I've been to 3 of my larger racing events the past 3 weekends and there haven't been any outbreaks from them and 99% of the people are maskless and not social distancing.

kcbob79clone

Although the CDC has lost a lot of credibility under this administration, these changes will certainly hurt the possibilities of fans.

And just as fast that guidance has been removed, saying it was a draft that should not have been published

norcalcy

Oct 20, 2010
Reactions: AllInForISU
Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Support Us

Become a patron