Will ISU change their mind on fans in the stands?

Status
Not open for further replies.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
How old and unhealthy are you people? I’ve had covid along with most everyone I know and none of them had anything worse than a bad cold.

It’s sad to hear all the people saying “listen to the science!” When real science doesn’t move at a one year pace.

I really hope you don’t ever have any long term negative effects from getting COVID. A lot of people are.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
I don't know any better.
Then stop posting on the subject. There are legitimate concerns for females of child bearing age who are planning to try to become pregnant. I am pro vaccine and on Wednesday will be considered “fully vaccinated “ ( two weeks post Moderna #2). That said, I have a suggestion re where you can put your vaccination passport.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
If the players on the field do not wear masks (or excuse me I know the term for soccer is pitch), why should it be required for fans outside in the stands to wear masks?

The players are presumably all getting tested regularly, whereas those in the stands are a bunch of randos.

Now that the population of randos has few cases and vaccines are available though, that's less of a concern.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
And that person can infect other non vaccinated people at the game too. And the longer it hangs around, the more chance that it mutates into new variants which could infect even vaccinated people. It's NOT just the non vaccinated people at risk here folks..... get that through your heads. People need to get vaccinated!!!

If people aren't vaccinated they shouldn't be at the game IMO. If they aren't vaccinated and they get sick it's on them 100%.

We've shut the planet down for over a year due to this thing. If people choose to not get vaccinated and they pay the price that's on them. If anybody chooses to not get vaccinated, and also expects people to give up the things we've missed in the last year due to their choices they are an ass and not worth anybody's time.. It's that simple and I don't want people to overcomplicate it.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
How old and unhealthy are you people? I’ve had covid along with most everyone I know and none of them had anything worse than a bad cold.

It’s sad to hear all the people saying “listen to the science!” When real science doesn’t move at a one year pace.

My friend who is a personal trainer and probably in better shape than 99% of people on this board hasn't tasted or smelled anything since Thanksgiving. Death isn't the only side effect.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Then stop posting on the subject. There are legitimate concerns for females of child bearing age who are planning to try to become pregnant. I am pro vaccine and on Wednesday will be considered “fully vaccinated “ ( two weeks post Moderna #2). That said, I have a suggestion re where you can put your vaccination passport.
You have an opinion, I have an opinion. I have not said you are dumb yet, I don't think. I can understand your side. I do not like being called dumb though. I don't think that is constructive. I know a little bit on the subject, not everything by any means.

As I said before, I still believe a vaccination passport would not be a bad idea. We all would like to get over this Covid or the next variant potential. I already said there could be certain waivers or good excuses given to some people, for the greater good, in lieu of a passport.

And no, I don't like government or others telling us what we can or cannot do, generally. I also do not like this Covid epidemic and want all people, if possible, to be safe. We are going to have roughly maybe 17 -30 percent of the population not wanting to get the vaccine for a variety of reasons. Some reasons are valid, some are not, IMO.

Not having a vaccination passport, if that's what they decide, and unless you have a good excuse or waiver, then you don't go to the games this year. That's what I'm leaning toward until someone tells me a better way.

If we can get the R value or reproduction number widely below 1, that would be good. Don't think we are there yet by any means, in a lot of areas.

motorcy90

Aug 12, 2018
Iowa
So people calling me dumb, educate me. What is your reason for not getting vaccinated?

I have to admit I don't stay up on the reasons for both sides. Just got my two vaccines and feel better about it.
long term research still hasn't really been done for the vaccines. J&J situation while small shows these haven't really been fully researched yet. that and with how many times I have been "exposed" to covid and test negative, yet then test positive randomly followed by 2 separate negatives right after with zero signs or symptoms makes me question the numbers from the get go.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
You have an opinion, I have an opinion. I have not said you are dumb yet, I don't think. I can understand your side. I do not like being called dumb though. I don't think that is constructive. I know a little bit on the subject, not everything by any means.

As I said before, I still believe a vaccination passport would not be a bad idea. We all would like to get over this Covid or the next variant potential. I already said there could be certain waivers or good excuses given to some people, for the greater good, in lieu of a passport.

And no, I don't like government or others telling us what we can or cannot do, generally. I also do not like this Covid epidemic and want all people, if possible, to be safe. We are going to have roughly maybe 17 -30 percent of the population not wanting to get the vaccine for a variety of reasons. Some reasons are valid, some are not, IMO.

Not having a vaccination passport, if that's what they decide, and unless you have a good excuse or waiver, then you don't go to the games this year. That's what I'm leaning toward until someone tells me a better way.

If we can get the R value or reproduction number widely below 1, that would be good. Don't think we are there yet by any means, in a lot of areas.
I don’t even know how to debate somebody who is pro vaccination passport but doesn’t like the government getting too involved in our lives. FWIW, somebody tagging a post as dumb isn’t calling you dumb personally. Unless I’m the dumbest person to ever walk this earth. And you’ve given me dumb ratings in the past. Which I may have deserved because I admittedly don’t know as much about FB or BB coaching, strategy, recruiting, etc as the average poster on here.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I don’t even know how to debate somebody who is pro vaccination passport but doesn’t like the government getting too involved in our lives. FWIW, somebody tagging a post as dumb isn’t calling you dumb personally. Unless I’m the dumbest person to ever walk this earth. And you’ve given me dumb ratings in the past. Which I may have deserved because I admittedly don’t know as much about FB or BB coaching, strategy, recruiting, etc as the average poster on here.
I guess I might be for a vaccination passport if it was widely agreed to be the best option, not necessarily mandated by the Federal government, which I would prolly be opposed to. State government along with Board of regents and the ISU (or other universities') AD decision to do it would likely be welcomed by me. Especially if they think it is in their best interests to get back on good financial footing.

Doesn't hurt to talk about it now. That's all it is is, talk for now.

I don't believe I have ever given too many people a 'dumb' on their posts. I just don't like doing it. I'd rather converse with them one way or the other. I have given a couple of folks a dumb recently but generally well deserved, and do not like it (giving them). I was always taught by my folks to act nice, and that "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all." It kind of applies. I just don't like being rude although I can be.

I apologize for dumbing you in the past if I did. And I know people who are doing it aren't calling the other person dumb necessarily, but it kind of seems like it.

shagcarpetjesus

Apr 18, 2006
If the players on the field do not wear masks (or excuse me I know the term for soccer is pitch), why should it be required for fans outside in the stands to wear masks?

The teams playing have the ability to isolate their squad in a way that is impossible to accomplish in the stands. Thousands of random people all gathering together into a stadium for a one time event just doesn’t remotely compare to a team that is probably undergoing regular monitoring of their health.

Also, things might be different in September, but as of right now anybody under the age of 16 can’t get vaccinated. There were a ton of kids in this age group at the soccer match I attended and I know there’s a sizable portion at Cyclone games too. My daughter went to the soccer game with me, she’s 15 and has asthma. If masks hadn’t been required, I don’t know that we would have gone. It at least would have been a discussion to have with my wife and daughter. However, because everybody was masked up my daughter said she felt perfectly comfortable at the game. She knows she’s at relatively low risk, but everybody else in the stands engaging in one tiny, inconvenience makes a world of difference for the kids who can’t get the shot yet. Some people will think it’s overkill, performative, and not necessary, but until everybody has a chance to get the vaccine, I think it’s crazy that people will ***** and moan about wearing a mask if it means that ISU could have 60+ thousand in the stands in the fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.