Will Clyburn's game

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

balken

Apr 14, 2006
He is like Clint Varley, except he is taller, more athletic, a better shooter and ball handler and a bit darker complected.

Reactions: kkise

kkise

Jun 25, 2008
Ankeny, Iowa
I read on some thread that Babb had a hard time guarding him.

Watching the highlight clip above, looks like he can shot with contact.

Last edited:

cyismydog

Apr 13, 2006
The best I can come up with as a comparison is Tim Hardaway from Michigan. The good one at the end of last year. Not the one this year. Similar size, similar athleticism, both are great shooters and good slashers. Clyburn is a better rebounder though and will give us 3 good rebounders in the starting lineup for sure.

Not like Hardaway really at all. Think 6'7", inside out, fantastic rebounder despite lack of size, good mid-post game, can stroke it from deep, can create off the dribble, but the handle is a little loose. Also scores off of cuts really efficiently. Not a blow you away athlete, but good enough from an NBA perspective.
Edit: And a lot tougher/better rebounder than Wes J.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aclone

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
He looks a lot like Wes just out on the court. Not sure if his game is like that.

C

CyBer

I read on some thread that Babb had a hard time guarding him.

Watching the highlight clip above, looks like he can shot with contact.

I think I saw a practice video with Babb trying to guard him. The key word here is "trying".

benjay

Mar 23, 2006
Mostly empty stadiums in Utah... think he'll enjoy playing in Hilton!

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
Not like Hardaway really at all. Think 6'7", inside out, fantastic rebounder despite lack of size, good mid-post game, can stroke it from deep, can create off the dribble, but the handle is a little loose. Also scores off of cuts really efficiently. Not a blow you away athlete, but good enough from an NBA perspective.
Edit: And a lot tougher/better rebounder than Wes J.

Thanks for the insight. I'd wager you've seen him play quite a few times.