Will Bubu See the floor this season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
I've heard he's the same Bubu as we had last year (talent wise) already. So I figured we would see him against WVU, because really, your *** is already getting pounded, might as well put him in. Since he didn't play Monday against WVU, I'm going to say he never plays.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I hope he does. But it's not up to me, or those of you who want to tar and feather him. I don't understand why some of you hate him so much. I guess I'm just not quite as ready to assume that women never lie. I know better.

I'm glad Bubu is at least suiting up. I expect him to be honored on senior night along with Melvin, DeAndre & Tyler.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Technically speaking, he can "see" the floor very well from the bench. These are great seats although munching down on a Clone Cone there would probably be frowned on!
:v_SPIN:

ketelmeister

Oct 24, 2006
Hate to burst a bubble, but Fred did not want Bubu back on the team. The court forced him to. Leath took the hit on this.

CYKOFAN

Mar 27, 2006
Hate to burst a bubble, but Fred did not want Bubu back on the team. The court forced him to. Leath took the hit on this.

Unless you know Fred, I highly doubt that since Fred welcomed him back last year, and our key players were tweeting they were glad to get him back this year until JP and Leath made their public statements making it clear they weren't happy the court put him back on the team. That put Fred in a terrible position, even if he did want to play BuBu. And to think BuBu wouldn't help this year's team when he was a key bench player on last year's very successful NCAA team is hard to believe. It's also very possible that mentally BuBu isn't ready to play after thinking this whole mess was behind him last spring, then having Leath reverse the decision and bring it back worse than ever, thanks in part to JP and Leath's own comments to the media. BuBu may not play this year, but it's also very possible he'll have his day in court.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
It'd be too divisive to play him, he's really not enough of a gamechanger to be worth it.

CYKOFAN

Mar 27, 2006
It'd be too divisive to play him, he's really not enough of a gamechanger to be worth it.

Only divisive because of the public statements by Leath and Pollard, the team leaders obviously wanted him back. And especially after today I'm sure Fred is wishing he had an experienced guard that could play good D and hit free throws at the end of games, something BuBu did well last year. He'd also be our only guard with NCAA tournament experience. Anybody really think Fred wasn't looking forward to having BuBu back this year?

CYKOFAN

Mar 27, 2006
A certain university president was out of state the Monday night his school's basketball team played at home. He met up with some alumni to watch the game. One of the alumni asked the President "will Bubu play tonight". Silence fell over the room.

True story

After the silence Leath then grumbled "honor before victory". An alum asked "what about Albert Gary and David Irving"? Leath said "uuhhhh, never mind." Now I'm not sure if that's a true story.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Only divisive because of the public statements by Leath and Pollard, the team leaders obviously wanted him back. And especially after today I'm sure Fred is wishing he had an experienced guard that could play good D and hit free throws at the end of games, something BuBu did well last year. He'd also be our only guard with NCAA tournament experience. Anybody really think Fred wasn't looking forward to having BuBu back this year?
Not really the only reason but ok. I have no real opinion so idc.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
You guys are nuts if you think Fred doesn't play him because he was told not to. Fred has JP and Leath by the balls. By FAR Hoiberg is more of the face of the university and more important to it (in public opinion, anyway). Fred will not cater to anyone that would try to tell him how to play his team. If he left, he'd have the lions share of his pick of jobs in college or the NBA. If JP or Leath ran him out of town, other than JP to Wisconsin, no way either of them takes a step up from where they currently are. I just see no possible way Hoiberg is in a position so weak that he's told who to play and who not to play.

jtdoyle1

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
I don't think Bubu sees the floor this season but it will be interesting to see how they handle senior day. Will they even give him any recognition as a senior?

CyStalker

Jul 16, 2012
Ankeny
I don't think Bubu sees the floor this season but it will be interesting to see how they handle senior day. Will they even give him any recognition as a senior?

They better or it's a complete BDag move. He's on the team, no matter how he got there, he is a part of the team and needs to be recognized the same way Kane and Ejim are IMO.

CYKOFAN

Mar 27, 2006
You guys are nuts if you think Fred doesn't play him because he was told not to. Fred has JP and Leath by the balls. By FAR Hoiberg is more of the face of the university and more important to it (in public opinion, anyway). Fred will not cater to anyone that would try to tell him how to play his team. If he left, he'd have the lions share of his pick of jobs in college or the NBA. If JP or Leath ran him out of town, other than JP to Wisconsin, no way either of them takes a step up from where they currently are. I just see no possible way Hoiberg is in a position so weak that he's told who to play and who not to play.

I agree, Fred has meant far more to ISU than JP and Leath put together, and always will. But he also seems like the kind of guy that would have a hard time going against his bosses very public wishes. There's also the mental affect the return of this whole mess has had on BuBu thanks to Leath's surprising reversal of the judge's decision, and his return made so much worse by Pollard and Leath's statements to the media. Who knows, it's possible BuBu may have told Fred he'd just as soon not play if it's meaningless minutes at the end of blow-outs. I'd imagine BuBu's attorney's would prefer it that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron