Wilder v. Fury II

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Wilder is placing blame on his 40 pound costume for him losing the fight. Also threw his trainer under the bus for throwing in the towel, what a goof.
Wilder was getting his ass kicked. Anyone that watched that fight saw it.
He could have been seriously injured if it went much further

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Why do they do this excuse thing. Just admit it wasn’t your night and you did your best. The people respect when fighters do that. Also, quit wearing stupid ass costumes to the ring. We didn’t tune in to watch a trick or treat show. Just box

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
All this talk about costumes, I had to take a look:
usp-boxing_-wilder-vs-fury-ii-2.jpg

Is he going for a WWE angle on this?

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Wilder was getting his ass kicked. Anyone that watched that fight saw it.
He could have been seriously injured if it went much further

I thought we'd hear more about Wilder's ear. With all that blood I figured his ear drum had burst and that maybe messed with his equilibrium and is why he looked off and unbalanced after round 1. Guess not. But yes, it was a Sonny Corleone-style beatdown. Wilder needs to man up and lose the excuses.

And don't beat Adrian again, obviously.

• Agree
Reactions: JP4CY

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I thought we'd hear more about Wilder's ear. With all that blood I figured his ear drum had burst and that maybe messed with his equilibrium and is why he looked off and unbalanced after round 1. Guess not. But yes, it was a Sonny Corleone-style beatdown. Wilder needs to man up and lose the excuses.

And don't beat Adrian again, obviously.
Lennox Lewis mentioned the equilibrium but he was just plain getting his ass kicked. Fury was mauling him.

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
Wait. Is this for real or a joke?

Real. Apparently a tribute to Black History Month.

Not only did it weigh 40 pounds, the mask apparently didn't let him breathe all that well.

https://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_...on-fury-fight-says-40-pound-costume-wore-legs

Top Rank chairman Bob Arum, Fury's co-promoter, said he was surprised that Wilder would wear such heavy gear going to the ring, and he pointed out the potential effects of the outfit's full mask.

"Well, I don't know about the legs affecting his performance, but he had to be very, very negligent coming in with that head covering because that choked off his oxygen, and I'm sure that had an effect," Arum said. "Coach [Jon] Gruden [of the Las Vegas Raiders, who was at the fight] said that: 'What is he, crazy?' And it wasn't covering him for two seconds. That was a long [ring] walk."

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
So is Fury. But he backed it up. He said he wanted to knock Wilder out, I figured him coming forward all night he'd get caught at some point. Wrong on that. Wilder's one of those guys who has a single weapon (right hand power) that's so good he doesn't feel the need to develop other parts of his game (i.e. Andy Roddick and his big serve), then when he gets in with someone who can deal with it, he's got nothing else. Fury was gracious in victory, I've gained a ton of respect for him.

Pretty clear that Wilder is like most other big power guys. When you make them go backwards, they have no clue what to do. Fury went at him and he had no idea how to deal with it. He was frustrated by not being able to hit him in the first fight and in this one he was overwhelmed right away.