Wikipedia says Tony Franklin is New OC

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Re: (Unconfirmed) Tony Franklin New OC

Really.

Letting a guy coach 6 games and then can him and followed up by SEC mouthbreather spin and you are worried about it.

The guy was never given a chance. So, how is Tubberville doing these days?

Yep, I just dont get the hate on this guy. Its all unfounded.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008

Really.

Letting a guy coach 6 games and then can him and followed up by SEC mouthbreather spin and you are worried about it.

The guy was never given a chance. So, how is Tubberville doing these days?

im going to assume the opposite. i will get behind him, if he in fact is hired.

But im going to assume that auburn fired him after 6 games because they felt he was not even worth keeping for the rest of the season. why else would you fire a guy mid-season?

edit: according to the article above ^^ i guess they supposedly hired "the wrong guy" If that is true, then i will shut up

Last edited:

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA

But im going to assume that auburn fired him after 6 games because they felt he was not even worth keeping for the rest of the season. why else would you fire a guy mid-season?

Because Tubberville's *** was burning in flames and the fans wanted blood? It's called "trying to save your job" and it didn't work.

djcubby

Nov 24, 2006
Bondurant

Yep, I just dont get the hate on this guy. Its all unfounded.
It's because he wouldn't be the "big splash" hire that most fans are hoping for, like Scott Frost or Kliff Kingsbury, even though he has more experience as an OC than both of those guys combined.

FDWxMan

Jan 31, 2009
Des Moines

Completely insane SEC fans as well as boosters, combining with Tuberville trying to save his job.

H

HGPuck

Because Tuberville was getting desperate and trying to save himself. Also, the SEC fans are crazy so nothing that goes on down there has to follow traditional logic.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site

Programs that think they're big time pull knee jerk **** all the time.

Just look at KU.

BTW, I will be shocked if Franklin isn't our new OC.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Looks like all mentions of Iowa State are now taken out of the Wikipedia article.

Just like the Missouri to the SEC article. Article goes up early, then gets taken down only to be true a week later. Coincidence? Yes.

Clone5

Jun 3, 2008
Iowa
Sorry for the misleading title gang. Rebecacy reported it in the other thread so I thought it was a good lead. I only included the Wikipedia link for background information about Franklin, I didn't even see anything about ISU in there when I looked.

Clone5

Jun 3, 2008
Iowa
Just a guess but did the issues at Auburn have to do with going from a pro style to spread offense?

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
good luck with that. Franklin was the O.C. of Auburn's joke of an off. that got tubby fired.

Just a guess but did the issues at Auburn have to do with going from a pro style to spread offense?

Franklin was terminated mid-season:

Because Tubberville's *** was burning in flames and the fans wanted blood? It's called "trying to save your job" and it didn't work.

The guy was given 6 or 7 games to switch a team over from Pro to Spread. Nobody is going to do that quickly.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron