Wife of former Drake assistant is scum

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
Is her salary listed someone?

I don't know about Make-A-Wish but I know a different CEO for a non-profit in Des Moines that deals with children that has a very respectable income, enough that doing this would be incredibly stupid.

Pat

Oct 20, 2011
Is her salary listed someone?

I don't know about Make-A-Wish but I know a different CEO for a non-profit in Des Moines that deals with children that has a very respectable income, enough that doing this would be incredibly stupid.

Per irs.gov, in 2018 her predecessor was paid $142,684. 2019 filing isn’t available yet.

• Wow
Reactions: MJ29

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
Such a sad story. I'm naturally very skeptical of some of these bigger charities, and stories like this don't help.

Hopefully they can get somebody competent and not evil in her place.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Such a sad story. I'm naturally very skeptical of some of these bigger charities, and stories like this don't help.

I understand your sentiment but I have performed financial statement audits for numerous charitable organizations and most are run appropriately and don't have stuff like this happening.

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown
Guys. Rich white women that steal from charity don’t do meth. It’s pills or it’s coke and she’s got that Xanax look in her eyes. I’ve seen those eyes in the mirror.
You're probably right in this case but you'd be shocked to know some of the people who use meth. I've known some white collar people that have had problems with it. There are people working in offices in downtown DM right now high on meth.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006

Things like this are fairly uncommon. What I am more concerned about is organizations that spend most of their budgets on "administration" versus mission fulfillment. A great example of this is USSSA for youth sports. Freaking scam of scams.

Last edited:

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
Things like this are fairly uncommon. What I am more concerned about is organizations that spend most of their budgets on "administration" versus mission fulfillment. I great example of this is USSSA for youth sports. Freaking scam of scams.
I understand your sentiment but I have performed financial statement audits for numerous charitable organizations and most are run appropriately and don't have stuff like this happening.

Oh I realize embezzlement is uncommon. It's more of an issue with the "admin" costs.

I'm as much of a capitalist pig as the next guy, but I don't appreciate charities with 50% admin costs.

Not to say I'm anti-charity. Quite the opposite. Just be careful who you give money to.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Oh I realize embezzlement is uncommon. It's more of an issue with the "admin" costs.

I'm as much of a capitalist pig as the next guy, but I don't appreciate charities with 50% admin costs.

Not to say I'm anti-charity. Quite the opposite. Just be careful who you give money to.

I was pretty naive about this early on. It's unfortunate that there are charities out there whose operating costs and salaries make you question where your money is actually going.

Luckily, those records are easy to find.

cyputz

Jul 26, 2006
5 years probation? What a joke.

and the icing on the cake:

Woodley’s attorney, Nicholas Sarcone, said that he would be asking for a deferred judgment at sentencing. If granted, that means the case would be dismissed if Woodley successfully completes her probation and the other parts of her sentence.

Throw the BS flag!!

Showtimeljs

Jul 2, 2015
Huxley
Is any one else concerned that besides some fines/restitution, that there are no consequences here?

Put her in a dunk tank outside in January, with some liquid salt brine filling the tank. Let all the make-a-wish kids, their families, friends, and local little league teams take turns knocking off her perch until their arms are sore.

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

Pat

Oct 20, 2011
Is any one else concerned that besides some fines/restitution, that there are no consequences here?

Essentially stealing from sick kids is lower than low, but it’s not as though she’s a risk to the public. If she fully repays the funds plus interest and completes 5 years of probation (which is more than a nuisance), I’d say that’s literally her debt to society. Beats the taxpayers footing the bill for a prison stay.

• Agree
Reactions: Remo Gaggi

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
I think people are missing a very important point: did you see how bad she looked in her booking photo compared to the video? Sheesh. Talk about hitting the wall. Also, guys, be careful. Makeup and hairstyle can make a drastic difference in appearance.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Essentially stealing from sick kids is lower than low, but it’s not as though she’s a risk to the public. If she fully repays the funds plus interest and completes 5 years of probation (which is more than a nuisance), I’d say that’s literally her debt to society. Beats the taxpayers footing the bill for a prison stay.

This is going to sound more like defending her than I want to, but that family has an extremely ill child. Sometimes people in that situation develop a lot of mental problems. Add to that, a husband whose career is dependent on college kids winning basketball games and a person can see why someone might lose it. And 40,000 is a lot of money, but not a huge amount as far as fraud cases go.

GoldandCardinal

Sep 28, 2019
The fact that her family, friends and business associates know and a google search will always reveal this is probably the worst punishment she will face.

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010
The fact that her family, friends and business associates know and a google search will always reveal this is probably the worst punishment she will face.
She has moved 1000 miles away and likely is going by a different last name. So, new friends and new business associates probably have no idea. Restitution still hasn't been paid.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY and Drew0311

Help Support Us

Become a patron