Why the ridiculous ANF/Farm Bureau ads?

2020cy

Aug 7, 2006
Do we have no control over these ads? Or is it all the hawk talk polluting our boards causing this?

2020cy

Aug 7, 2006
I think I’m doing my part on pron sites. Haven’t touched that sewer of a thread on the ISU-Iowa game for weeks.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Try going to less hawk boards and more dirty websites. Then you get less hawk ads and more Hungarian mail order bride ads. Atleast that’s what a friend told me.

Maybe it was just a phase I was going through but a couple weeks ago all I was getting on here were women's underwear ads.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Maybe it was just a phase I was going through but a couple weeks ago all I was getting on here were women's underwear ads.
What exactly were you searching? Just so I can see if I can recreate that problem.

• Funny
Reactions: JP4CY

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny

I had women's swimsuit ads for the longest time and I couldn't figure out why. Then my wife had a new suit delivered via Amazon and it all made sense since she uses my Prime account. I really wish Amazon Prime would allow you to have a family membership so I don't get targeted with adds designed for my wife. She also bought some sort of swimsuit cover which apparently triggered ads for suits for plus size women (which she is not).

• Agree
Reactions: CyVoodoo

CyVoodoo

Dec 7, 2009
I had women's swimsuit ads for the longest time and I couldn't figure out why. Then my wife had a new suit delivered via Amazon and it all made sense since she uses my Prime account. I really wish Amazon Prime would allow you to have a family membership so I don't get targeted with adds designed for my wife. She also bought some sort of swimsuit cover which apparently triggered ads for suits for plus size women (which she is not).

For all the money that Google has and spends to track everything we do, you would think they could do better than just giving you ads for something you just purchased. :confused: There was a thread here asking about an engagement ring and just reading that and one search gave me diamond ads for weeks.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyientist

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I didn’t get a picture of it but this reminded me that on my travels between dsm and CBus there is an old farm building that is kind of falling down along I-74 just west of Bloomington/Normal IL that has the roof painted with the current I-State logo and an “AHF” badge. It was pretty cool. It’s on the south side of the road best visible heading east on 74.

Reactions: yCy and cyhiphopp