Why has CMC stayed in Ames?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
P

PeacefulRival

Are you insinuating that your timing is just a coincidence? Lol

I am truly interested. The same question could be asked of Hawk fans regarding Hayden Fry or Kirk Ferentz. I thought the question would deflect the negativity on the board and redirect the focus to something positive.

I was honestly surprised by the hostility of the responses received so far until I reflected on why some cyclone fans might take issue with the question. Consider me socially unaware when it comes to message boards.

Last edited by a moderator:

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I am truly interested. The same question could be asked of Hawk fans regarding Hayden Fry or Kirk Ferentz. I thought the question would deflect the negativity on the board and redirect the focus to something positive.

I was honestly surprised by the hostility of the responses received so far until I reflected on why some cyclone fans might take issue with the question.

Consider me socially unaware when it comes to message boards.
willis.gif

Reactions: Bigman38

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
How did Iowa look yesterday? As horrible as ISU played yesterday, it was still enjoyable seeing them play again, have some cold beers and good tailgate grub, etc.

Sucks for you guys not to be able to do that.

Reactions: Carlisle Clone
P

PeacefulRival

He or she is not subtle enough to insinuate. Just a worthless troll, wasting bandwidth (and probably oxygen).

Why so angry and hateful? You have a great AD, highly sought after football coach, one of the top men's and women's basketball programs in the country and an incredibly supportive fan base.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
How did Iowa look yesterday? As horrible as ISU played yesterday, it was still enjoyable seeing them play again, have some cold beers and good tailgate grub, etc.

Sucks for you guys not to be able to do that.

I had cold beers yesterday, BBQ with a bunch of friends, and watched football all day. I am a big fan of the Sun Belt now, seeing how it is the 3rd best conference playing right now (behind the SEC and ACC). Plus Iowa will play football this year.

Sep 1, 2020
I had cold beers yesterday, BBQ with a bunch of friends, and watched football all day. I am a big fan of the Sun Belt now, seeing how it is the 3rd best conference playing right now (behind the SEC and ACC). Plus Iowa will play football this year.
Well that's good for them. Hopefully their coaches have learned its not okay to be a bunch of racists.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Well that's good for them. Hopefully their coaches have learned its not okay to be a bunch of racists.

Hopefully Doyle has learned his lesson. It cost him his job and forced his son (who did nothing wrong) being at the school he loved. Still should have paid a greater price than he did, but it is good to know he likely won't get a job as a coach ever again.

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
Well he should be in Ames a long time then, these teams aren't coming calling with the '19 season performance, and that turd he dropped yesterday vs Louisiana.

I think that is a good thing for ISU. CMC should be a very consistent 6/7 wins a year coach for a long time in Ames.
But he's not a racist.

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
Hopefully Doyle has learned his lesson. It cost him his job and forced his son (who did nothing wrong) being at the school he loved. Still should have paid a greater price than he did, but it is good to know he likely won't get a job as a coach ever again.
So you’re happy that the racist Doyle will never coach again but you have no issues that the racist Ferentz is your head football coach?

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Well he should be in Ames a long time then, these teams aren't coming calling with the '19 season performance, and that turd he dropped yesterday vs Louisiana.

I think that is a good thing for ISU. CMC should be a very consistent 6/7 wins a year coach for a long time in Ames.
Thanks, we were all waiting on baited breath for your opinion...

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2020
Yes Doyle got paid over a million dollars to go away; hopefully he has learned a lesson. It's too bad the man that oversaw it and allowed it faced no repercussions. Even though its questionable he deserved another shot, hopefully he did learn his lesson.