DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
not-sure-if-serious-or-sarcasm.jpg

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Not a lot of talent and the Hawkeyes results show it. Even their better players are not from Iowa.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Fran recruits to his style of play. Prohm (and Hoiberg, too) preferred using a wider scope, unafraid to reach for higher level, more desirable players. They didn't hit a home run every time, but at least they were swinging hard.

Personally, I think Mad Fran can have the majority of them. I'd make a BIG exception for Xavier Foster, though. Sounds like he's going to be really special.

EDIT: Fran's style of play is pretty disciplined - which doesn't really jive with his personality. :D

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Fran recruits to his style of play. Prohm (and Hoiberg, too) preferred using a wider scope, unafraid to reach for higher level, more desirable players. They didn't hit a home run every time, but at least they were swinging hard.

Personally, I think Mad Fran can have the majority of them. I'd make a BIG exception for Xavier Foster, though. Sounds like he's going to be really special.

What exactly is Fran's style of play?

• Funny
Reactions: nshull16 and Rural

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Look at ISU’s success over the last 6 seasons, then look at Iowa’s. That’s why we don’t recruit many players from Iowa.

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

Bewilderme

Apr 11, 2006
Minneapolis
ISU would have taken Gatens, Gesell, Woodbury, Uthoff, Jok, Wieskamp and the younger McCaffery if the situation presented itself.

I'll give you most of those. That said, Iowa would have taken just about every player ISU has had in the past 6-7 years (that has played), with a few exceptions.

Wait, I forgot. You wouldn't because right way

• Winner
  • Funny
Reactions: Cydkar and wing59

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
ISU would have taken Gatens, Gesell, Woodbury, Uthoff, Jok, Wieskamp and the younger McCaffery if the situation presented itself.

We didn't want Woodbury and contrary to what some people think we weren't going to offer Jok after we got Thomas even if we could have. The only reason Iowa offered Jok was because they missed on EC Matthews and Hogue. Jok was Drake bound until Fran struck out

• Agree
Reactions: Bigman38