clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
ISU would have gotten Jok if not for "textgate". He wanted to be a Cyclone.

ISU also wanted Uthoff both times, and Uthoff made a poor decision to go to Iowa after leaving Wisconsin.

ISU did not want Woodbury. Not positive about Gesell.

I'm glad ISU doesn't dominate this state in recruiting though. Once every other year or so there's one guy good enough in this state to go after, but that's about it at best. ISU did want Weiskamp, and AJ Green.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyballzz

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
If we took them, and then had the same players we ended up with, those Iowa boys probably would've all transferred to Iowa, Drake or UNI. Who would Uthoff play over? Niang? Nader? Doubt it. Uthoff played well the first half of his senior year, and then went into the witness protection program. Other than that, he wasn't that good. Same with Jok.

Uthoff would have had a completely different role at ISU. Fran expecting him to carry the team and be the go to guy in the clutch is what caused him, and the rest of his team, to fade in the second half of his Sr year.

Fred and Prohm would have used him as an ace complimentary player. He could have feasted off of open looks with the focus being on Georges and Monte. He would have played a lot. We might not have gotten a guy like Nader though, so I'm ok with the way we went.

Uthoff probably wouldn't have gotten nearly as much attention from Pros if he had been at ISU, so it's probably better that he went to Iowa so he could play more. But Uthoff would have won a lot more game at ISU of course.

neiacy

Apr 11, 2006
I think Iowa State's last 4 year player from the state of Iowa was Jared Homan, who graduated in 2005 I believe. Long time!

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I would have taken AJ Green. He’s good.

Idk if Fran scared evaluators to give Patrick Mccaffery is high rating but he’s not very good.

We recruited Green hard. He's going to be a multi year conference player of the year in the Valley. McCaffrey isn't the best player on West this year that's for sure

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Having watched all four championship games, Green was definitely the standout. I don’t know why McCaffery is the tallest player out there and never in the post unless he isn’t physical enough to play there. Feels like Osky doesn’t utilize Foster well, they did double him some and they do have a couple of other good players. The refs didn’t seem to call many fouls in that game which seemed to hurt Osky who was trying to score in paint.

IAStubborn

Aug 16, 2012
I find that really hard to believe. Woodbury was a top recruit and ISU would have taken him if he wanted to be a Cyclone.
How many unathletic big men have you seen at Iowa state? We run. He wouldn't have worked well with hoiball. Top 50 becausee he fits most systems and was a percieved rim defender. UNC wanted him, ISU not really.
ISU wouldn't have taken a top 50 recruit? If he showed some interest in wanting to be a Cyclone, then ISU would have recruited him harder.
Fran didn't want Monte Morris. He was introduced on a silver platter to Iowa by Roy Marble and Fran said he had his 1 per 4 year alotment of guards, so not wanting to have too many guys who could dribble he said pass. Coaches recruit need and fit. It isn't that hard to see why Woodbury isn't a good fit.

Last edited:

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Having watched all four championship games, Green was definitely the standout. I don’t know why McCaffery is the tallest player out there and never in the post unless he isn’t physical enough to play there. Feels like Osky doesn’t utilize Foster well, they did double him some and they do have a couple of other good players. The refs didn’t seem to call many fouls in that game which seemed to hurt Osky who was trying to score in paint.

He's built like a runway model.

cyups2323

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
Because unfortunately most iowa kids grow up wanting to play 19 minutes a game for 4 years for an average team.

Playboi Carti

May 7, 2017
I would have taken AJ Green. He’s good.

Idk if Fran scared evaluators to give Patrick Mccaffery is high rating but he’s not very good.
He's going to be a problem at UNI. Also it nice to see a team not in DSM or IC win a state title in basketball

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron