crash_zone

Apr 10, 2006
Sioux Falls, SD
Most kids in Iowa grow up in a household that cheers for the hawks....and if they don’t, most of their friends cheer for the hawks. Usually due to football.

That puts ISU at a disadvantage for getting them, even if they are the better basketball program. The family and peer pressure adds up.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Yes took off his coat and had one on. Fred didnt talk to him at all and he was gone in 15 minutes. What a douchebag. Why bother going on a visit

So ISU at least had some interest to bring him in for a visit.

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
Didn't Woodbury wear a Iowa shirt to his ISU visit?
Yep. And from what I've heard, it was the end of the visit. Then Fred and Georges proceeded to own basketball in the state of Iowa for 4 years. Can't believe we were ever seriously recruiting him.

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
I was thinking Fred was talking to Jok his Junior year but then backed off. Didn't Jok have knee issues in high school?

brokenloginagain

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2006
Given the huge population growth in the des moines MSA the last 20 yrs, you'd think there'd be a few more DI prospects in central iowa that are cyclone kids.

Cedar Rapids/Eastern Iowa/Iowa Barnstormers produce so much more talent.

That's what's interesting to me. Where's the bball talent in central iowa?

Reactions: rholtgraves

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Given the huge population growth in the des moines MSA the last 20 yrs, you'd think there'd be a few more DI prospects in central iowa that are cyclone kids.

Cedar Rapids/Eastern Iowa/Iowa Barnstormers produce so much more talent.

That's what's interesting to me. Where's the bball talent in central iowa?

Do we really care though? I have no desire to have Iowa kids just because they are from Iowa. And I don’t know that I want someone who wants to go to iowa. It shows s lack of basketball IQ.

• Winner
Reactions: Gunnerclone

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
I do think ISU would have kept recruiting Jok. Jok probably would have recovered faster if he actually got a correct diagnosis right away. If I recall correctly, he injured his knee and then continued to try and play the rest of the season in his sophomore year before finding out it was a petalla tendon injury that required surgery.