iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
I guess my point is that some of these players are legitimate D1 prospects and that ISU would have taken them if they wanted to be Cyclones. They just so happened to be Hawk fans or Hawk commits for the most part. I don't blame ISU for not wasting anytime on recruits you have no chance of getting. ISU has proven to be a better basketball program in the last 20 years.

• Friendly
Reactions: flycy

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
They said on the radio that fran has only been to 2 NCAAs, 3 if you count play in. Is that true? 7 years and 2.5 successful years. And here Iowa State fans are disappointed in a rebuilding year after 6 straight NCAA and 3 coaches.
Steve Prohm has more NCAA tourney wins in 2 years at ISU than Fran has in 7 years at Iowa.

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
I find that really hard to believe. Woodbury was a top recruit and ISU would have taken him if he wanted to be a Cyclone.

I think even the most avid Hawk fans would have to agree that he was a vastly overrated recruit. He did play decent defense, aside from his Larry, Mo and Curly moments, and he may have come in handy in that respect but he was a total non fit on the offensive end of the court. Whether he didn't want us or we didn't want him, he ended up where he needed to be and it was best for all involved.

Plus, he hated a loud home crowd.

Bf-wZknCYAAZ0JL.jpg

Reactions: GTO

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I guess my point is that some of these players are legitimate D1 prospects and that ISU would have taken them if they wanted to be Cyclones. They just so happened to be Hawk fans or Hawk commits for the most part. I don't blame ISU for not wasting anytime on recruits you have no chance of getting. ISU has proven to be a better basketball program in the last 20 years.

The problem for Iowa is most of your players ISU wouldn't want. I wouldn't want a single player on your current roster besides Cook.

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
Sticking with a majority of Iowa players is pure laziness. It's what happens when you have no fear of being fired and know that you can start up your own family business (aka Ferentz Football, LLC). But boy, are the Regents happy that you are bringing in Iowa kids...

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
The problem for Iowa is most of your players ISU wouldn't want. I wouldn't want a single player on your current roster besides Cook.

As it stands right now, I would say that is the case. But in the past ISU would have taken the already mentioned players out of high school that became future Hawks.

• Disagree
Reactions: wing59

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Maybe Nunge. He's at least showing he may have a pulse.

I've only seen them play once and it was Virginia Tech and he didn't wow me. The thing is who would you give up to get him and Cook from our current roster?

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
As it stands right now, I would say that is the case. But in the past ISU would have taken the already mentioned players out of high school that became future Hawks.

I don’t know. We’ve been pretty happy with the guys we’ve gotten.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Maybe Nunge. He's at least showing he may have a pulse.

What was Nunge rated? A 6’10” stretch 4 guy rated in the 200’s tells me something about a recruit. The desire or the talent isnt where it should be or could be.

Cyballzz

Feb 1, 2010
That's funny. In case someone doesn't get Brasky's joke here are T-Rex's block numbers from Freshman through Senior seasons:

29, 19, 13, 10.

To put this in perspective here were PG Jamaal Tinsley's block numbers his junior and senior years:

37, 19.

Hell Monte Morris had 2 seasons with as many blocks at T Rex.

• Funny

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
And I bet close to more conference tournament wins.
Fran in 7 years at Iowa: 2 Big 10 Tourney wins and 0 Big 10 Championships.
Prohm in 2 years at ISU: 3 Big 12 Tourney wins and 1 Big 12 Tournament Championship.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
I don’t know. We’ve been pretty happy with the guys we’ve gotten.

In hindsight yes, but at the time of those players' senior years you would have taken them if they wanted to be Cyclones.

• Disagree