Why did Irving play?

Chipper

Dec 8, 2008
Re: david Irving is playing???

Honor before victory. Unless there are details.

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011

Absolutely embarrassing that he's on the field tonight. Sad.

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois

So all you "insiders" with the details, let's hear them. We hear in the news that he was arrested for cutting his girlfriend's hair and leaving her with multiple bruises. Then nothing. Now he's playing. Looks bad. CPR should've addressed it this week and explained why David would be playing. If there's something that would clear his name, tell us.

Exactly. If he would of said something this week during practice about some new information on the charges or something like that, it'd be different. But now it just looks terrible. High horse or not, this is dumb.

Last edited:

cytheguy

May 23, 2006

This hits close to home for me. A female family member was the victim of abuse and I saw what it did to her. Unless his gf comes out and says she made the whole thing up or there is proof that she attacked David and he was defending himself, then I'm going to lose A LOT of respect for CPR.

michaelrr1

Mar 30, 2006
WDM
Visit site

CPR lost some integrity with this. Whenever another player gets into trouble, how can he ever suspend them? This is a bad precedent.

cytown

Aug 8, 2012
Naperville, IL

if it comes back that he is guilty of anything, any respect I had for CPR is gone. The WR he let hang around after the assault charges was shady. This is worse.

UNIGuy4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2009

I don't know if anyone saw the KCCI report but this abuse was more her than him.

ISU42

Sep 21, 2009

Can't say I care either way. If CPR is wrong then he can deal with the backlash. He's probably making decisions based on information he has and unfortunately forgot to post it on here before the game.

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area

Someone with an alternate account please start posting nude pictures of women in here so we can get this conclusion jumping contest closed out.

CycloneWanderer

Nov 4, 2007
Wandering

a majority of relationship abuse is women abusing men. biggest surprise learning of my psych of women class. when men do abuse women, it is typically more severe. be careful judging these situations too quickly. If David was being abused, the last thing you'd want to do is punish him for being a victim. Let's just not jump to conclusions without all the facts.

Last edited:

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area

a majority of relationship abuse is women abusing men. biggest surprise learning of my psych of women class. when men do abuse women, it is typically more severe. be careful judging these situations too quickly.

Wait...am I reading this right? You had a Psychology of Women class? Two questions: Is this available online, and am I correct in assuming it's a doctorate level course?

UNIGuy4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2009

Can our fan base enjoy a victory without adversity?

mcblogerson

Jan 19, 2009
Ohio

Oh, so then Aaron Hernandez should be playing right now? Please. This is beyond a mistake by CPR.
I think cutting your girlfriends hair against her will and killing someone are different levels of innocent until proven guilty.

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE

I see the Debbie downers found something to cry about during a win. Having no confirmed details makes it even better.

clone2011

Dec 11, 2007

I think cutting your girlfriends hair against her will and killing someone are different levels of innocent until proven guilty.

Agreed. But Irving was "Suspended Indefinitely" as of 9 days ago and now he's playing, with no statement released as to why he's apparently no longer suspended?

If new info surfaced or charges were dropped in the last day or so, say that, and no one questions him playing. Have an intern or office assistant release a one paragraph statement or something, anything.