Why delay the inevitable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Correct, but winning in major college football is 70% talent -30% coaching. In short, if you can't recruit, you can't win.
Our team looked the same as last year. This defeat was worse than the UNI game in many ways.

IbSvU

Feb 6, 2012
The players should just take steroids. Getting busted for that would be less embarrassing at this point.

And if they didn't get caught? Oh, the possibilities..

FarminCy

Nov 14, 2009
Nowhere and Everywhere
The players should just take steroids. Getting busted for that would be less embarrassing at this point.

And if they didn't get caught? Oh, the possibilities..

Steroids do nothing for you when you are horribly unprepared and constantly out of place. No amount of PEDs could offset the deficiencies this team has.

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011
This post is for the folks who are rational. If you still think that it's not time for cpr to go, please don't read.

Why not fire cpr now and move Mangino to hc? Yes, I know Jamie gave him a dumb contract, but aren't there boosters out there who can help with the buy out?

It's obvious by the play today that the players are not on board. Fire him now and there maybe hope for at least one win this season. If Jamie keeps him on, it will be the worst season in all of modern cyclone football history.

Well, for one, Mike Mangino has no business being the head coach at ISU. None.

This will not be the worst season in modern history. Everyone thought that after the UNI game last year too.

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011
I'm glad Mike won't be. But Mark on the other hand couldn't do any worse.

Mike Mangino, Mark Mangino, Jimmy Mangino...whoever. None of them should be HC at ISU. I just read the whole thread and I'm absolutely baffled he's getting so much love. He is not the type of person who should be representing our school.

FreeBorn

Jul 3, 2014

This will not be the worst season in modern history. Everyone thought that after the UNI game last year too.

1. Why not? He won at KS.

2. Man, the D is much worse than last year and last year's was awful. I really think West Des Moines Valley could score on this D.

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011
No...the talent is there to win games. Today was a lot on the coaching. Players lost their way, and coaching is just as much motivation as it is other things. This team lost their way, and no one did anything about it.

If you don't see the unbelievable lack of talent in the trenches, at QB and at LB you're kidding yourself. 3 of those 4 positions are the most important in football.

Oct 2, 2012
Iowa

So you're saying we'll win more than 3 games this season? Please don't fault me for not holding my breath.

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011
1. Why not? He won at KS.

2. Man, the D is much worse than last year and last year's was awful. I really think West Des Moines Valley could score on this D.

He also got fired at Kansas. Look at the man and look at his history. The guy has problems. I'm fine with him as a coordinator though I do think he's not as good as many believe he is.

cylove

Jul 14, 2014
What I saw today was a team with a six year head coach lose badly to a d-1aa team for the second team in a row while fielding his d-1a team with mostly d-1aa talent. THAT'S WHAT I SAW TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No what YOU saw today was the officials absolutely rape UNI.

CPR isn't going anywhere this year,

All the dude minions, who are not even really Iowa State fans, coming on here and ******** all over the program, the coaches and the players doesn't do anything to change that fact.

If it is that bad, I will start taking people's season tickets off their hands. You should be ready to give them away now as you jump off the cliff.

GoClones123

Sep 5, 2010
Clive, IA
Rationally I look at two things in the game of college football. We are 0-2, you must recruit talent and you gotta have a QB.

All teams that have bad QB's have bad records. That is a fact.

Oct 2, 2012
Iowa
No what YOU saw today was the officials absolutely rape UNI.

CPR isn't going anywhere this year,

All the dude minions, who are not even really Iowa State fans, coming on here and ******** all over the program, the coaches and the players doesn't do anything to change that fact.

If it is that bad, I will start taking people's season tickets off their hands. You should be ready to give them away now as you jump off the cliff.

Yeah, I'll give them away for the right price. After what people pay for season tickets nobody will just give them up. That's an even bigger waste of money than buying them in the first place since people like you still value them. Also, if you want my seats next year, then by all means let me know and I'll tell you which ones they are so you can personally ask for them next season.

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
No...the talent is there to win games. Today was a lot on the coaching. Players lost their way, and coaching is just as much motivation as it is other things. This team lost their way, and no one did anything about it.

Come on dude, that defense is void of talent at many many positions. Just way too many recruting misses the last few years.

Section110

Apr 4, 2014
FarminCy is onto something...

I told you guys a week or two ago that Rhoads lost a lot of people's respect quite awhile ago. I'm talking people in and around the program, and likely a lot of the players. Because Dean and I are Hawk fans no one wanted to believe it, but it's the truth.

My two cents on the coaching situation. I think it's a little ridiculous to hire Mangino in the offseason to be the head coach. If you're Pollard, and you think hiring Mangino may be a possibility then you let Rhoads go and you make Mangino the interim head coach. That way you can see what he does with the team and make a more educated decision after the season.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron