Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
I took over 30 history credits at Iowa State, so I blame any and all grammar issues on that entire department
My excuse is always "I went to public school", both my parents are teachers and they love this response.

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Licensing is now helping to destroy or at least put my current industry into turmoil. The problem is that the requirements are stuck in the past and allow for absolutely no flexibility. So now you get a few who just don't care and make as much money as they can until getting in trouble. The problem is coming from random companies using "the Cloud" and big data and now we can't compete because there is no such thing as a limited scope. We basically have to consider everything under the sun so there is nothing we can do and the most knowledgeable people are now not involved in a lot of areas.
old.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: matclone

cyclonesurveyor

Jan 26, 2009
Fort Collins, CO
Engineering licenses are typically able to be obtained in other states by reciprocity. Send in an application with fee and paperwork that shows that you meet State X requirements and State Y will give you a license. Then it is keeping up with each states Cont. Education requirements to keep them current.

California does require additional testing due to seismic loading for Structural Engineers and also because they are California...

Land Surveyors are the same but have to take each state's specific exam when applying by comity.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
It's that time of year / every other year that I had to submit the renewal. This is not chump change as it cost just about $1,000 between the state fee and class costs. So that is about $500 / year. And that does Not include travel expenses to any classes or opportunity cost for lost time doing paid work.

violin.jpg

Side note: Mine is $100 and counts as an expense for my business. Oh the humanity!!!