why AA needs to go

UNIGuy4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2009
Arnaud = Brett Meyer. No progression from sophmore year to senior year. Cant wait this Iowa QB experience to be over.

Reactions: isuforlife

UNIGuy4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2009
SHUT UP NOT HIS FAULT IOWA D-LINE ROCKS OUR O-LINE TODAY
Might not be all his fault but 1 td 5 picks in two games, he is definately not part of the solution, a leader should be taking over games.

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
the big question is if he is the best we have and the most improved player from last year per PR, do we need to get a juco QB for next yr

Yes we need a JUCO QB for next year unless somehow Capello is amazing....

burn587

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Denver, CO
Arnaud = Brett Meyer. No progression from sophmore year to senior year. Cant wait this Iowa QB experience to be over.

Being from Ames and being fairly familiar with him when he played there, Austen still has a lot of the same problems he had in high school. Mainly absolutely no touch on his passes. And he still locks on to his primary receiver every single time. I'm okay with stick with him, but if they get to a point this year where a winning record is not possible he needs to be taken out and it needs to be Tiller's time in the offense.

UNIGuy4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2009
Being from Ames and being fairly familiar with him when he played there, Austen still has a lot of the same problems he had in high school. Mainly absolutely no touch on his passes. And he still locks on to his primary receiver every single time. I'm okay with stick with him, but if they get to a point this year where a winning record is not possible he needs to be taken out and it needs to be Tiller's time in the offense.
I agree. Its just inexcuseable his inability to adjust and read a defense. He is continuously schooled by defensive schemes, there is no excuse for this. I have been a backer for him forever, but he is not even an average QB. He may be a leader from what he does off the field, but he is not a leader for what he does on the field. He has not bettered himself at all from last season, he should be a solid QB and he is not that. He may be manageable, but not good enough to beat the top teams in our league.

UNIGuy4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2009
Right. That loss was all about a very good Iowa team, and not about AA.
He should be the leader of this team and I do not sense he is. I do not believe the team believes in him at times. He is definately not part of the solution, he should be tearing it up, and be able to take on the adversity for the team, but he doesnt.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
AA isn't an average QB? :biglaugh: Iowa State has had MAYBE 1 average quarterback in history then (Sage Rosenfels).

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
He should be the leader of this team and I do not sense he is. I do not believe the team believes in him at times. He is definately not part of the solution, he should be tearing it up, and be able to take on the adversity for the team, but he doesnt.

Money's older brother posted on here yesterday something to the affect that the WRs don't believe in AA or have confidence in him. I thought that was interesting to say the least.

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
I really hope the team doesnt share the attitudes of most on this board. If they did, might as well fold up shop and just try to field a team next year.

UNIGuy4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2009
I really hope the team doesnt share the attitudes of most on this board. If they did, might as well fold up shop and just try to field a team next year.
The only way to base our opinions is on results, Arnaud's results speak for themselves.

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
Money's older brother posted on here yesterday something to the affect that the WRs don't believe in AA or have confidence in him. I thought that was interesting to say the least.

To me, this says more about our receivers than it does about Arnaud. Everyone remember when Darks got on Youtube with a Michigan State jersey? Drama queen. The receivers are unproven. The best receiver we have is Franklin. You can sit here and tell me, "Well, Austen needs to get them the ball." Sometimes, yes, this is the case. Other times they need to just make the damn play. CPR has said that Darius Reynolds is supposed to be the playmaker. Make the play. Catch the ball and make the play. Every time he has caught the ball, he does this little sidestep dance move. At least twice yesterday I saw receivers trying to catch a ball with one hand. I'm no college receiver, but I'm pretty sure it is easier to catch a ball with two hands.

I get a sense of inflated egos on this team, on the offense and on the defense. If the receivers truly do not have faith in Arnaud, they should take a look in the mirror first. I'm not so sure I would feel comfortable throwing to most of them in pressure situations at this point. Our defensive secondary obviously has ego issues when we have guys shoving each other on the field.

I hope this week was a smack in the face for some of the guys on this team. Its time to step up and play as a team. Right now it looks like a bunch of individuals playing a game that some people describe as football. A lot of growth needs to happen in the upcoming weeks.

Klonz

Nov 9, 2006
Grimes, IA
I love how every team's best player is the back up QB.

Ever though that maybe AA is better than Tiller? That maybe the Coaches want to win just as bad or even worse than us the fans? And that maybe they feel AA gives them the best chance at winning?

Nah, that couldn't possibly be it. My bet is CPR is just thinking of ways to confuse and frustrate us as much as possible! We are all obviously smarter at football and know WAAAAY more about the players he sees and watches every day just based on the 60 minutes we see each week!!!!!!:jimlad:

Then we should have recruited a JUCO QB to come in last year since it is clear that there are no QBs on the team that can run the offense that Herman wants to run.

isuforlife

Sep 6, 2007
To me, this says more about our receivers than it does about Arnaud. Everyone remember when Darks got on Youtube with a Michigan State jersey? Drama queen. The receivers are unproven. The best receiver we have is Franklin. You can sit here and tell me, "Well, Austen needs to get them the ball." Sometimes, yes, this is the case. Other times they need to just make the damn play. CPR has said that Darius Reynolds is supposed to be the playmaker. Make the play. Catch the ball and make the play. Every time he has caught the ball, he does this little sidestep dance move. At least twice yesterday I saw receivers trying to catch a ball with one hand. I'm no college receiver, but I'm pretty sure it is easier to catch a ball with two hands.

I get a sense of inflated egos on this team, on the offense and on the defense. If the receivers truly do not have faith in Arnaud, they should take a look in the mirror first. I'm not so sure I would feel comfortable throwing to most of them in pressure situations at this point. Our defensive secondary obviously has ego issues when we have guys shoving each other on the field.

I hope this week was a smack in the face for some of the guys on this team. Its time to step up and play as a team. Right now it looks like a bunch of individuals playing a game that some people describe as football. A lot of growth needs to happen in the upcoming weeks.

I agree alot of individuals, not good

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
AA shouldn't be benched yet, but someone should else should have been taking snaps in the 2nd half yesterday. I don't buy that emotions got the best of AA because he seemd like a robot, you could tell by his body langauge after the incomplete pass on 3rd down of the first drive of the game that he was a no show. From that point on he never seemed into the game.