Why 98.9% and not 100% to make the ‘ship game now?

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
Since i've been using your generator, any idea what the scoring differential tiebreakers are looking like in the scenario i posted above?
OSU is dropped from the three-way tie because they have the worst scoring margin in the round-robin games due to the big loss to OU. Then we are #1 because we beat OU h2h, and then OU beat OSU h2h so they get the 2 seed.

It's really convoluted that it takes that many steps, but that's how it's written.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
OSU is dropped from the three-way tie because they have the worst scoring margin in the round-robin games due to the big loss to OU. Then we are #1 because we beat OU h2h, and then OU beat OSU h2h so they get the 2 seed.

That makes me feel a lot better.

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
WVU has 3 conference losses. They can't tie us.
i believe the tie break for a 3 way tie is record against the 4th place team (or group of teams tied for 4th). there is a chance OU,OSU, and ISU are tied and WV is the 4th place team (if TX loses to KU)

i think this is the scenario, i could be wrong

AllInForISU

Nov 24, 2012

Oklahoma and Oklahoma State would have beaten West Virginia. Iowa State would have lost to West Virginia. That is the tiebreaker in that scenario and the only scenario that keeps ISU out of the Big 12 Championship game.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
Oklahoma and Oklahoma State would have beaten West Virginia. Iowa State would have lost to West Virginia. That is the tiebreaker in that scenario and the only scenario that keeps ISU out of the Big 12 Championship game.
Except there is a three-way tie for 4th. If there's a 2-way tie, then they break h2h first before doing the "record against #4, record against #5, etc" stuff. But they don't do that if it's a three-way tie. In the above scenario, it's round-robin record vs all three tied teams (Texas, WVU, KSU).

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006

It's really convoluted that it takes that many steps, but that's how it's written.

I was thinking that the #1 team was selected and the remaining two are then re-ranked. So if OU has the biggest scoring margin, then they get the #1 spot and then OSU/ISU are re-evaluatwd for the #2. Which would go to OSU with the h2h.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Good grief. This post reminds me of the joke about the perpetual pessimist who gripes about having to buy a new wallet because he won the lottery.

Why so?

Without penalties and poor execution in the red zone ISU wins going away today. They didn't do that, so there's reason for them to seek improvement going into next week. CMC should have all kinds of film to point out that needs tightening up to make sure no one's satisfied.

That's a good thing.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron