Whose Ready For Some Football?

alaskaguy

Apr 11, 2006
Football is okay but it doesn't light a candle to all the summer sports that I like to participate in (kayaking, mountain biking, bike touring, hiking, etc.).

Summer and winter are my favorite seasons since there are so many tremendous activities to participate in. Watching football or any other sport just doesn't compare to actually participating in sports.

ISUKoolaid

Oct 23, 2009
Cedar Rapids, IA
Who has two thumbs and is going to the Packers Vikings game at Lambeau? This guy.

Also, just ordered my student tickets for ISU, I'm getting so excited, the best season of the year is almost here.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
I am not so sure about the Packers. Their offensive line is like swiss cheese. If they allow as many sacks as they did last season Aaron Rodgers will be lucky if he can walk by week 12. :biglaugh:

I'm guessing you didn't watch the second half of the season last year. Rodgers was sacked 50 times last season. 37 times in the first 8 games. 13 times in the last 8 games. That offensive line started to come around.

Not only did they come around, but drafting Bulaga was a good move.

UNIGuy4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2009
I want your drugs, or whatever else you are on, then I'd be thinking my Chiefs to the Super Bowl... or at least .500 record... or at least not top 5 pick again...
I would say that you have ISU winning 0-1 game this year from your posts or is 1 too high :jiggy:?

UNIGuy4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2009
Cant wait till Rhoads even proves wrong the skeptics in his own fan base. Year 2 under the same systems, nuff said.

Marc936

Oct 25, 2009
You can't say what if scenario if it's going to be lopsided like that. It doesn't work that way. Anyone can easily say those and they know that it wont happen. If you are going to say a what if statement you have to say something that could have happened in the game. I know that the Vikings won and I've got over it.

At least we have a young proven QB who is going to be good for years to come instead of playing for now. Also who has the most NFL championships of all time? That's right THE PACKERS and yes the championships before the Superbowl do count! That's why it's in the record book!

now i really do hope i'm wrong so you can shut up.

theres one thing about being confident, theres another thing when you pull stats that doesn't matter into it, and ps the steelers won the most superbowls, the nfl championships pre superbowl era mean squat

Packers4Life89

Jul 15, 2010
Ames, IA
now i really do hope i'm wrong so you can shut up.

theres one thing about being confident, theres another thing when you pull stats that doesn't matter into it, and ps the steelers won the most superbowls, the nfl championships pre superbowl era mean squat

Actually they do count and that's why they are still there. I can't believe that a Bears fan of all people is saying that they don't mean anything. Yes I know that the Steelers have the most Superbowls. They have been the best team in the Superbowl era. If they don't count then why are they still there? If you want to to include only Superbowls to the Viking fans 3>0 so we still win there.

Marc936

Oct 25, 2009
because what happened 40ish years ago does not affect your teams playing ability today, hence why it means squat

i hate when people bring up team history to discuss matters of today. I could say yeah we had the best team in history with the 85 bears, hence why we can kick your ***, but i'm not ********.

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
because what happened 40ish years ago does not affect your teams playing ability today, hence why it means squat

i hate when people bring up team history to discuss matters of today. I could say yeah we had the best team in history with the 85 bears, hence why we can kick your ***, but i'm not ********.

This. I don't care how good your team was when you drop kicked field goals and wore leather helmets. I could care less.

Arkansas Cyclone

Nov 25, 2006
Bentonville, Arkansas
You can't say what if scenario if it's going to be lopsided like that. It doesn't work that way. Anyone can easily say those and they know that it wont happen. If you are going to say a what if statement you have to say something that could have happened in the game. I know that the Vikings won and I've got over it.

At least we have a young proven QB who is going to be good for years to come instead of playing for now. Also who has the most NFL championships of all time? That's right THE PACKERS and yes the championships before the Superbowl do count! That's why it's in the record book!

Are you sure?

Packers4Life89

Jul 15, 2010
Ames, IA
Yes I have. I was smack talking like everyone I know does. I know that it's about this year and now that counts. They even make Rivalry shirts that have history on them so...

Marc936

Oct 25, 2009
Yes I know. All the time people everywhere smack talk about history to show how their team is better than their rival.

we dont bring up history when football was a whole different game. Were you even alive back then? If not then how the hell would you how good they were back then.

When they talk about history, its because its still somewhat relevant. Rams were a dominant team last decade, now they are crap, you still don't see rams bringing it up to show they are going for a superbowl run because how good they were before

I said packers most likely going to go to the superbowl mainly because vikings will tank, and lovie is destroying the bears, and detroit wont be setup for another couple of years. I didn't say they are because packers won championships in the 40's when i'm sure a practice squad person now would be in the pro bowl of their days. Thats just stupid

RING4CY

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2010
Ames, IA
Yes I have. I was smack talking like everyone I know does. I know that it's about this year and now that counts. They even make Rivalry shirts that have history on them so...
Your signature is annoying. Not just because it's Packers, but because of the size.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
I'm guessing you didn't watch the second half of the season last year. Rodgers was sacked 50 times last season. 37 times in the first 8 games. 13 times in the last 8 games. That offensive line started to come around.

It wasn't just the sacks. The guy was getting hit just about every time he dropped back to pass.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
it means they got some depth at the o line now, unlike vikings and bears

If I absolutely had to pick a team from the NFC North to cheer for it would be the Packers. I used to hate them with a passion but that was only because of Brett Favre. I already hate the Vikings and now it has doubled in intensity because of Favre. I only dislike the Bears because they are kind of pathetic and it irritates me that we get Bears games on tv all the freaking time just because of proximity.