Who's going to take the fall at EIU?

cyclonenum1

Nov 30, 2006
One thing is certain...Ferentz is in a must win situation this year. A coach that is winning wears teflon clothing when it comes to off-the-field incidents while a coach that is losing gets fired for off-the-field incidents. This is the way of the world at almost every school.

ketelmeister

Oct 24, 2006
Barta and KF will leave. I'm not sure KF will see the season yet, but it's not far away. If he is still there, he has to win early, that means us and Pitt and the first two patsys. If not, it will be totally brutal in IC.

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
At first I thought that the assistant AD was going to be the one to take the fall for this, but I think I may want to revise that. I think the victim's coach is now the fall guy. With the stuff that has come out about that, and the fact that he seems to be the big target of the mother's second letter, I don't know how the powers that be at UI could resist dumping the coach of a low profile women's team to save the rest of them. We know it isn't the basketball program, so after that, making a women's coach disappear shouldn't cause too many ripples..... of course at UI the womens bball may not be a big deal either.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Kirk in his presseer yesterday said he will not take the Fall. Must be someone else. He is the Football Coach and that His Honor should not be impugned. Besides, where else can he make $4M ayear.

CYlent Bob

Aug 7, 2006
The Winterset Metroplex
I'll bet they pin this on Alford. :policeman:

He's being photoshopped into a picture of the infamous meeting as we speak. You can tell it's Alford in the picture, because he's sitting on a free John Deere riding mower, and wearing the suit he got as a freebie from the Men's Wearhouse.

Plus, his hair is, like, PERFECT. So it's gotta be him.

Reactions: Phaedrus