Who's going to take the fall at EIU?

rebelcyclone

Nov 30, 2007
Sioux County
Thats why we need to put the hammer down on them this year. Run the score up and then go straight to the goalposts and celebrate like we just won World War 2

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
Nobody will go. Policy changes will be made. The story will soon be quiet when the Hawks pound Maine.

acody

Nov 25, 2006
They will all be put on some type of double secret probation, attend some new sensitive issue, multi-culturism training session, and promise, cross their fingers, hope to die, to never let this happen again.
i.e, the university will apologize over and over again and come up with a new policy.

rebelcyclone

Nov 30, 2007
Sioux County
Its not shocking this stuff is happening under Bartas watch, Kf is running a wild program. brands all be it is returning Hawkeye wrestling to past glory, but as a member of Iowas wrestling community, I know about the stuff he and his brother have done, and I for one would never let a man like that coach at my school. Its an entire university in termoil, and Im loving every second of it. Let the floods keep comeing down on that dump they call the University of Iowa

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I think the pressure is coming. SportsCenter should be right around the corner (I'm thinking tonight or tomorrow), the pressure will mount, and they'll have to clean house.

The old hiding behind policy excuse works until you're in too deep, and the pressure's too great. As we get closer, the election year environment should probably increase the pressure immeasurably.

In short, they're all gone, they just don't know it yet.

Reactions: Landshark

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
Its not shocking this stuff is happening under Bartas watch, Kf is running a wild program. brands all be it is returning Hawkeye wrestling to past glory, but as a member of Iowas wrestling community, I know about the stuff he and his brother have done, and I for one would never let a man like that coach at my school. Its an entire university in termoil, and Im loving every second of it. Let the floods keep comeing down on that dump they call the University of Iowa

I agree about the Brands part and the KF part, not so sure we need to go biblical on them just yet.

Landshark

Jan 23, 2007
Ankeny, IA
I think the pressure is coming. SportsCenter should be right around the corner (I'm thinking tonight or tomorrow), the pressure will mount, and they'll have to clean house.

The old hiding behind policy excuse works until you're in too deep, and the pressure's too great. As we get closer, the election year environment should probably increase the pressure immeasurably.

Good post!!

superdorf

Oct 1, 2007
Des Moines, IA
www.superdorf.com

Iowa is a "hated" rival of ISU in sport. Let me say that again, IN SPORT.

Contrary to what many posters here would say, the University of Iowa is an institution that provides a lot to our state. I for one I'm sickened by this turn of events. U of I is a state institution, and we should want it to thrive. This ISN'T ABOUT FOOTBALL, or any other athletic competition. This is about RIGHT and WRONG.

I hope that the truth comes out and this never happens again. I know that the U of I will become stronger because of this.

There is nothing to "love" about this situation.

Reactions: brianhos

MontyBurns

Jan 27, 2008
From ones I've talked to it looks like Iowa fans are very divided on this. It is eerily reminiscent of the last couple of seasons of Steve Alford's tenure. For some it's the final staw in a long list of thug behavior, coupled with mediocre football, and they want Ferentz gone asap. Others still cling to the idea that he's the best coach in the country no matter what, kind of like the so-called "Alford Apologists". There doesn't appear to be anyone in the middle on this one. Just like in Steve's case, once attendance (& revenue) declines significantly, Kirk is gone. And it may be swifter, since football revenue is much larger and more important than basketball revenue.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
From ones I've talked to it looks like Iowa fans are very divided on this. It is eerily reminiscent of the last couple of seasons of Steve Alford's tenure. For some it's the final staw in a long list of thug behavior, coupled with mediocre football, and they want Ferentz gone asap. Others still cling to the idea that he's the best coach in the country no matter what, kind of like the so-called "Alford Apologists". There doesn't appear to be anyone in the middle on this one. Just like in Steve's case, once attendance (& revenue) declines significantly, Kirk is gone. And it may be swifter, since football revenue is much larger and more important than basketball revenue.

From people I have talked to there aren't really that many people supporting him. But then again its easier to support something like this on a message board than face to face with someone judging you by your response.

I really don't think Kirk will be fired for this now. Its too late in the off-season to make a move and it will be a costly move. I think he'll coach this year and he'll be quietly encouraged to take another opportunity. If he doesn't get a nice offer somewhere else like Alford, then it'll get interesting if Barta (or Mason with a two for one deal) will act.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha

You can only lie so much until the lies catch up with you. Gary Bada will be the fall guy as problems appear to exist everywhere you look. He is the AD and needs to have stronger institutional control like they do at Ft Leavenworth.

If Kirk does not win six next year, they may fire him in the winter and send him to another galaxy.

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa
Thats why we need to put the hammer down on them this year. Run the score up and then go straight to the goalposts and celebrate like we just won World War 2

The ISU-Iowa game this year is BIG. An ISU win would be the final nail in Ferentz's coffin and could also get the ISU bandwagon going. An ISU win and I have a hard time seeing Iowa better then 5-7. Iowa tanks for a few years while ISU surges. The begining of the end?

MontyBurns

Jan 27, 2008
From people I have talked to there aren't really that many people supporting him.

From my small unscientific survey, Iowa fans are divided but it's definitely not 50/50. It's pretty lopsided against Ferentz, but for whatever reason there are a few die hard supporters who still think he can do no wrong and is the best coach in America because 4-5 years ago he had a couple of 10 win seasons.

It will be interesting to see how many people are in the stands at the home opener. I'm guessing the sellout streak ends on August 30.

Phaedrus

Jan 13, 2008
Khorasan
I'm truly saddened that it will probably come down to whether EIU has an f'ing winning season or not.

That is sick, and disappointing that we are that callow.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI

I agree about the Brands part and the KF part, not so sure we need to go biblical on them just yet.

As much as all of us want to see justice complete from the very top (president, AD, HC, players) to the very bottom (assistant coaches, counselors that gave bad advice) to all that were supposedly involved in this "so-called" coverup (for now, until it's official), this kind of imagery certainly is not necessary, especially considering what this state, including the UI campus, went through with flooding this year. I don't know whether you think you were being facetious or were stating that this was God's judgment for all atrocities that have gone on in Iowa City, but whatever the case I see it as insensitive and highly inappropriate...

rebelcyclone

Nov 30, 2007
Sioux County
Take it easy DIABLO this is what instate rivials do all over the country, it dosnt actually mean I pray for gods rath to come down on them. As far as their contribution to our state goes, im not impressed. Mayo health systems is the cream of the crop in the area. All the rest of the university, well! I hate drugs and I know how to brush my teeth.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Take it easy DIABLO this is what instate rivials do all over the country, it dosnt actually mean I pray for gods rath to come down on them. As far as their contribution to our state goes, im not impressed. Mayo health systems is the cream of the crop in the area. All the rest of the university, well! I hate drugs and I know how to brush my teeth.

You mean wishing for natural disasters to wipe them off the face of the earth when earlier this year said natural disaster already nearly did?

I wouldn't wish what happened in Cedar Rapids or Iowa City on my worst enemy, much less something as trivial as an in-state rival.

Reactions: Phaedrus

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
You mean wishing for natural disasters to wipe them off the face of the earth when earlier this year said natural disaster already nearly did?

I wouldn't wish what happened in Cedar Rapids or Iowa City on my worst enemy, much less something as trivial as an in-state rival.

Exactly. Some people just behave like scum.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
Iowa is a "hated" rival of ISU in sport. Let me say that again, IN SPORT.

Contrary to what many posters here would say, the University of Iowa is an institution that provides a lot to our state. I for one I'm sickened by this turn of events. U of I is a state institution, and we should want it to thrive. This ISN'T ABOUT FOOTBALL, or any other athletic competition. This is about RIGHT and WRONG.

I hope that the truth comes out and this never happens again. I know that the U of I will become stronger because of this.

There is nothing to "love" about this situation.

You are right. I think what is sparking so much negative attention from Clone fans is the fact that they are in shock. I mean for years and years we have known just how sleazy the people at EIU are. Finally they have slipped up so badly that they can't cover this one up because it is just too big. I know I am in shock about what is happening over there. It's about time these sleazy people were outed publicly and I will not apologize for wanting each of them to pay for what they have done. Not because I am a Clone fan and I hate Iowa.... trust me I do!! They need to be punished for what they did to this poor girl who came to them seeking help and safety and all they cared about was the reputation of EIU athletics. It is disgraceful. DO we really want to support an institution of our state that has supporters in high enough position in the state to cover up these reprehensible actions just so the EIU football team doesn't get some bad press? It is disgusting.

Help Support Us

Become a patron