Who you got going deepest for the B12?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Ceiling/floor for each, with consideration of brackets and potential path ... to be taken with as many grains of salt as necessary.

(1) Baylor
Ceiling: National semifinal
Floor: Sweet 16 (UNC is "sexy pick" for 8-over-1 upset and wouldn't shock me ... but I'm leaning chalk)

(3) Kansas
Ceiling: Elite 8 (path of resistance in that sub-region is favorable for KU's position)
Floor: Round of 32 (I don't foresee a "Bucknell" moment in R64, but I won't rule it out)

(3) Texas
Ceiling: Sweet 16
Floor: Round of 32

(3) West Virginia
Ceiling: Elite 8
Floor: Round of 32

(4) Oklahoma State
Ceiling: Elite 8
Floor: Round of 64

(6) Texas Tech
Ceiling: Sweet 16

(8) Oklahoma
Ceiling: Round of 32

JusHappy2BeHere

Jan 22, 2013
Houston, TX
Seriously, though, I think we all anticipated this outcome this year. I thought Texas would win at least one and Okie State might sneak out another win, but Baylor looked like the Big XII's best option by far. I have them meeting the Zags for the 'ship in my bracket.
hope you are right. That's a game that was supposed to be played in December and 2 deep end of the bench Zags got COVID. It looks like Baylor is returning to their pre 3 week Covid pause, form.... I'd give us a 30-40% chance against them, but It's a game I've wanted to see all year

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I was surprised Okie State didn't go further with how well they'd been playing. Nothing really ever surprises me with Texas. I was never real high on Texas Tech. Just seemed like a team that never really meshed with McClung and Shannon.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
I was surprised Okie State didn't go further with how well they'd been playing. Nothing really ever surprises me with Texas. I was never real high on Texas Tech. Just seemed like a team that never really meshed with McClung and Shannon.

Ok State reminded me a lot of when Oklahoma had Trae Young. The team would get caught expecting Cunningham to do something amazing and then reacting when he didn't. When everyone was engaged, they were really clicking. I found myself watching a lot of their games this year with envy.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Ok State reminded me a lot of when Oklahoma had Trae Young. The team would get caught expecting Cunningham to do something amazing and then reacting when he didn't. When everyone was engaged, they were really clicking. I found myself watching a lot of their games this year with envy.

Their other pieces really had started coming on. Anderson and Boone were playing great basketball. Cade's a good player but he hurt them in their tournament loss. He got a little shot happy and tried to make up the deficit all at once.

• Agree
Reactions: coolerifyoudid

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Baylor, Gonzaga, Syracuse, Michigan in the Final4 with BU v. Zags in the final? That's my forecast.

I thought Ku losing early was predictable. They were over-seeded, perhaps the most of any school in the field.

OU outperformed expectations. It's too bad they didn't have their other guard. Lonnie is a fine coach.

The others were all pretty disappointing although TxT made a game of it to the end but for missing two layups.

Last edited:

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
That Syracuse zone is like facing a triple-option team in the bowl game, dumbfoundingly difficult to prepare for particularly in hoops on short notice. Plus, Jim's son is the reincarnation of Rick Mount/Rick Barry.

Last edited:

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
Baylor, Gonzaga, Syracuse, Michigan in the Final4 with BU v. Zags in the final? That's my forecast.

I thought Ku losing early was predictable. They were over-seeded, perhaps the most of any school in the field.

OU outperformed expectations. It's too bad they didn't have their other guard. Lonnie is a fine coach.

The others were all pretty disappointing although TxT made a game of it to the end but for missing two layups.
Wow I actually agree with you.

KU was totally outclassed.

Reactions: surly