Who was most obviously in?

• David Montgomery

Votes: 167 88.4%
  • Seneca Wallace

Votes: 47 24.9%

• Total voters

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Congratulations Cyclones for being the only team to ever complete a season without losing a fumble. While an obscure team record, as far as I'm concerned, you own it all to yourselves!

And I thought the Seneca call was bad:

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
David and its not close, especially with the camera angles these days. I can honestly say without a doubt, he was across the goalline with the ball. I have only seen 2 angles of Seneca’s play and would not bet my life on him being in. Do I think he was? Yes, but would not bet my life on it.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Easy, Montgomerys was a TD without fail. Until you let incompetent replay officials around. The game sucks anymore because no one wants to make a call. Those on the field don't blow a whistle because then it can't be reviewed sometimes and the stupid replay bozos just let things stand because it has to be obvious to a blind duck to overturn.

ISU_phoria

Apr 10, 2006
Andover, MN
I would have bet my life savings they were going to over turn that call.

Can you imagine the melt down here if we would have not won the game?!?! I'd be in full conspiracy mode, especially after the way the KState game went down!

Congrats Cyclones!! Awesome Year & well -deserved, especially for the seniors who put in 4-5 years of all they had! So happy for them!

flycy

Jul 17, 2008
Crescent, IA
The only possibility is they decided they could not conclusively decide he had possession after the bobbled hand off. Never mind he regained control, took a few steps and reached across the goal line with the ball solidly in two hands. And why weren't a couple questionable catches by Memphis reviewed?

Last edited:

veteran4cy

Nov 13, 2012
Ankeny
Both were bad considering I have the photo that proves Seneca was in but they didn't have the camera angles, definition or replay that they did today. So i would have to say DM

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Seneca call probably had to stand with call on the field even if we had replay then.

Montgomery was a full yard in when he lost the ball, one of the most baffling calls ever. I really can't even understand getting that wrong live, but to then review it and be a FULL YARD OFF in your review is just ridiculous.

• Winner
Reactions: r06b and isutrevman

casey1973

Apr 20, 2012
Ames
Not even close, he was in by a foot. You just knew whatever was called on the field they weren't going to over turn it. A lot of bodies in the way and a couple angles weren't conclusive but one was clear that he was in.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I haven't been following threads most of the day, did we all agree to just ignore the roughing the passer call that gave us a touchdown?

99% of us agreed it was a bad call and huge break live.

I can understand blowing DM’s TD score live, would have been same kind of mistake.

Holding up that call on replay is something different though. He had broken the plane by a yard when he lost control.

• Winner
Reactions: isutrevman