CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
Bruce Van De Velde or Gary Barta?
...and give reasons why.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Bruce didn’t have the best situation to work with here, but he didn’t have the personality or drive to make things better like Pollard has. We should’ve been making hay after the FB breakthrough and the Big 12 championship when he was hired. Instead he let the AD go stale.

Not at ISU, but Bruce wins simply for this:

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Bruce by a mile, Barta can a least raise money, he might have to give a bunch of it away in lawsuits, but he sure can raise it.

• Funny
Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
Bruce. For a lot of reasons already mentioned. But I remember back in the day, he made a profile on Cyclone Report and posted all the time. And not only posted, he was just off the charts rude and defensive. I hated him before that, but knowing he was spending so much time on a fan message board just made him look so pathetic, which he was and is.

• Agree
Reactions: dawgpound

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Didn't Bruce go on a rant here

I believe so, if somebody would @ him on instagram, facebook whatever, I'd bet he would show back up especially to defend himself since everyone so far has picked him over Barta. That could turn this thread into CF gold.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Bruce. I highly doubt Barta will troll HawkeyeNation after leaving Iowa like Bruce has done here every so often since he was fired (and this is a moderator-confirmed thing).

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA
Bruce Van De Velde or Gary Barta?
...and give reasons why.

It is Gary Van De Barta.

Bruce was left a terrible financial situation by Gene Smith, and then had to deal with a basketball coach who was obviously out of control yet was still enabled by our fan base.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
It is Gary Van De Barta.

Bruce was left a terrible financial situation by Gene Smith, and then had to deal with a basketball coach who was obviously out of control yet was still enabled by our fan base.
Bruce did nothing to help the department out of that financial situation. He could have sweet talked donors and worked to keep donations high or...gasp...even raise them, but instead he was an indifferent cold fish that donors mostly hated. Why would they help out an AD who appeared to have no interest in them?

IceCyIce

Aug 17, 2009
Grimes
When I saw the title "Who was/is a worse AD" I knew what was next. Thats how bad BVD was. I'm not sure anyone respected BVD?

kcbob79clone

Bruce. For a lot of reasons already mentioned. But I remember back in the day, he made a profile on Cyclone Report and posted all the time. And not only posted, he was just off the charts rude and defensive. I hated him before that, but knowing he was spending so much time on a fan message board just made him look so pathetic, which he was and is.

I was on CR at the time and was anti Bruce to say the least. I was surprised to get a call from Bruce and he tried to explain himself, to no avail I might add. What concerned me was how he got my number. I thought someone at CR had doxxed me so I left the site.

Reactions: dahliaclone

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
What was Bruce's username on here?
I don't recall what it was. It was pretty early in CF's life. He couldn't have been more transparent. Hated on everything that Pollard did. Made tons of excuses for his own failings. Registered for the site with his school address, though. It was the message board equivalent of this Futurama scene:
7lkbB3uQLapgv9jYIUM79Bak1LOlhZgtGRlA7B91rg4.jpg