Who remembers this book?

yCy

Apr 12, 2006
I remember those. I'm glad they stopped using the quarter system.

ISUATC

Feb 1, 2007
I'm old, you guys are really old!!:smile:

Last edited:

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
I'm not sure, but I think the last schedule of classes that they actually printed was in 2010. Maybe 2011.

When did ISU switch from quarters to semesters?

Sparkplug

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Central Iowa

I couldn't remember why it seems like I was always standing in line in Beardshear so I thought maybe the book had the answer. It was because "Registration takes place in Beardshear Hall on an alphabetical schedule announced during the previous quarter in the Iowa State Daily. Begin at south end of ground floor."

Fees for 12 hours or more for undergrad - $220 Graduate - $258 Vet Med - $343

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
When I started college, it was trimesters. Start late September, done by Christmas. The only time it sucked was that the third term ran into June.

khehr

Apr 28, 2009
Ames
Not sure what would be worse, waiting in line like the really old guys or waiting on the #$%^#$ phone to call in and try to register on the phone in the automated system that us sort of old guys had to do.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Not sure what would be worse, waiting in line like the really old guys or waiting on the #$%^#$ phone to call in and try to register on the phone in the automated system that us sort of old guys had to do.

As an old guy who bridged these two groups I call it a push.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
More important during this time period was the curriculum catalog. The requirements for a BS in landscape architecture changed three times while I was in school so my class requirements at the end were a bit of a hybrid. A single year misprint just had speech down as 3 credits without specifying the crappy speech class that everyone was required to take so I took advantage before they changed it again and took History of Cinematography instead. Took it pass/fail to boot! Maybe the ONLY student of that era who graduated without the required Speech 211.

majorcyfan

Feb 18, 2007
More important during this time period was the curriculum catalog. The requirements for a BS in landscape architecture changed three times while I was in school so my class requirements at the end were a bit of a hybrid. A single year misprint just had speech down as 3 credits without specifying the crappy speech class that everyone was required to take so I took advantage before they changed it again and took History of Cinematography instead. Took it pass/fail to boot! Maybe the ONLY student of that era who graduated without the required Speech 211.

Speech class wasn't really that bad, especially if you took the class from Frank Brandt. He made it very enjoyable, we even named our son with Brandt as his middle name in Frank's honor. Thinking there is a little theatre just north and east of CY Stephens, west of Sheman building named after him as well.
If the two gals from ISU make their teams squads, will be makng some trips to Minny to see them this summer. see you then