Who looks like a good candidate for OC and OL coach next year?

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
Unless CMC changes his philosophy, it won’t matter. Ask anybody in the program, his hands are all over the offense. Manning is calling Campbell’s system. It doesn’t work without a stout line or NFL RB.

While the order and timing of play calls would differ, nothing else will until CMC either goes hands off or realizes you have to adapt to your players.
Sounds like we've identified the real problem. Maybe we should start there?

• Dumb
Reactions: JimmyChitwood

BDAL23

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 16, 2019
We are still going to punt and play field position. We are still going to over value TOP. That’s not going to change.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Unless CMC changes his philosophy, it won’t matter. Ask anybody in the program, his hands are all over the offense. Manning is calling Campbell’s system. It doesn’t work without a stout line or NFL RB.

While the order and timing of play calls would differ, nothing else will until CMC either goes hands off or realizes you have to adapt to your players.
He truly is Ferentz minus the racism then.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
LOL.

He ain't gonna change nuttin".

LOL.

We riding with CMC for 2 more fun and exciting years.

Because of a bowl game win over a weak opponent in January of 2021.

CampbellBall baby!
I tried to defend that win it 2020, but that Oregon team was definitely the worst team to ever play in a NY6 game. Maybe UConn 2010 was worse, but that’s debatable

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids

Paul Chryst. I wasn't all in on the idea when I made the thread but if we have to play like this at least hire the guy who's succeeded doing it before.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
Scheelhaase
Why? Outside of Hutchinson our WRs have sucked for 3 years now. Even Hutchinson can't catch when the game is on the line, We lost 3 game this season because of dropped passes. WR blocking has also been horrendous this year. He also coaches Noel on punt return. I don't get the Scheelhaase hype. Feels like a couple fans pumped him up when he came here because he was a young "up and comer" and everyone else just ran with it. Now everyone loves him, but no one really knows why.

Darius Bieber

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 22, 2017
San Antonio, TX
Why? Outside of Hutchinson our WRs have sucked for 3 years now. Even Hutchinson can't catch when the game is on the line, We lost 3 game this season because of dropped passes. WR blocking has also been horrendous this year. He also coaches Noel on punt return. I don't get the Scheelhaase hype. Feels like a couple fans pumped him up when he came here because he was a young "up and comer" and everyone else just ran with it. Now everyone loves him, but no one really knows why.
Yep. Quick word of advice, if you see the Iowa State media people hype up someone, they’re more than likely not gonna pan out..

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
I think he is a good recruiter and would be the only offensive staff member I would be fine with keeping but yeah I think he is probably too unproven to be given the offense. Campbell needs to make a good hire here.

IceCyIce

Aug 17, 2009
Grimes
Seriously who want to take this over? I'm sure theres some Alphas out there but this is a million dollar job now. Damn fellas lets go.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA

This is disturbing if true, and I have no reason to doubt it.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
I think he is a good recruiter and would be the only offensive staff member I would be fine with keeping but yeah I think he is probably too unproven to be given the offense. Campbell needs to make a good hire here.
Is he actually a good recruiter? I've been told we recruit as a team. Random message board fans have pegged him as a good recruiter, but how do we know that's true? Seems like one fan said it and everyone else just repeats it without actually knowing it to be true or not.

strikethree1976

Feb 16, 2022
Is he actually a good recruiter? I've been told we recruit as a team. Random message board fans have pegged him as a good recruiter, but how do we know that's true? Seems like one fan said it and everyone else just repeats it without actually knowing it to be true or not.
Seriously who want to take this over? I'm sure theres some Alphas out there but this is a million dollar job now. Damn fellas lets go.
How bout Jason Candle. Almost took the o coordinator job at Miami last year.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
I think Nate needs less on his plate. Being the RB coach, WR coach, and the running game coordinator is a lot to do. Especially while Tom Manning has 0 positions he's in charge of and we only have 1 quality control coach on offense vs. 3 on defense.